Published on July 31st, 2023 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
MG 4 XPower Might Be Launched In Malaysia
This MG 4 might be the high end EV from the brand to challenge Korean rivals
MG 4 XPower EV Delivers 3.8 Seconds Acceleration Time
This latest MG 4 might actually arrive in Malaysia in the near future
This is the flagship model in the award-winning MG4 EV range and its called the MG 4 XPower as that Xtra power deliver is quite awesome when you consider its crossover looks with Taycan acceleration time.
Priced in England from just £36,495 (which is about RM215,000 at todays exchange rate), the new range-topping MG4 XPOWER firmly underlines MG’s Get More philosophy, as an EV performance car that offers drivers breathtaking power and dynamics at an extremely competitive price.
PRESS RELEASE: The new XPOWER model features a highly anticipated dual motor powertrain delivering 435PS and up to 600Nm of torque, positioning the latest MG4 model alongside the most potent high-performance hatchbacks on the market.
Capable of a 0-100km/h acceleration time in 3.8 seconds, the XPOWER’s electrifying performance contrasts with a series of understated exterior design revisions, in contrast to the usual high-powered hatchbacks.
MG4 Performance & Powertrain
The MG4 XPOWER is one of the first ever high performance electric hatchbacks, underpinned by a new dual motor powertrain that delivers thrilling performance and handling thanks to a series of comprehensive upgrades.
- All-new dual motor configuration delivers up to 435PS to all four wheels, via front (150kW) and rear (170kW) electric motors
- New launch control system creates hyper hatch-rivalling performance, allowing 0-100km/h acceleration time in just 3.8 seconds
- Underpinned by the MG4’s Modular Scalable Platform (MSP), with an enhanced drivetrain featuring sophisticated new technological upgrades to effectively distribute power and maximise driver engagement
- All-new Dynamic Cornering Control System available for the first time on an MG, with a locking electronic differential and Intelligent Motor Control to allow torque vectoring between all four wheels for maximum traction and composure
- Comprehensive series of suspension upgrades, featuring recalibrated spring and damper tuning, stiffer anti-roll bars and sharper steering
- Overall suspension stiffness increased by up to 25 percent
- Recalibrated regenerative braking software, allowing one pedal driving in suitable situations
- Uprated, ventilated 345mm discs on all four corners, reducing 100-0km/h stopping distance to just 33.9metres
- New premium Bridgestone Turanza tyres offer excellent levels of grip without compromising rolling efficiency