Published on November 29th, 2023 | by Subhash Nair0
2024 Hyundai Elantra N Gets Upgraded Tech, Design And Equipment
The 2024 Hyundai Elantra N is a big step up in the USA.
The Hyundai Elantra may not be getting big love in Malaysia but in other parts of the world, such as the USA, it’s a favourite. It’s so well liked that Hyundai offers a performance-packed Elantra N and keeps that model updated regularly. This model comes with a specially-developed 2.0L 4-cyinder turbo direct injection engine that is good for 276 horsepower and 392Nm of torque. It sends that power to the front wheels via a six-speed manual or an 8-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
The Hyundai Elantra N comes equipped with an e-LSD, a Variable Exhaust Valve System, Launch Control and for the DCT-equipped models, there’s N Grin Shift, N Power Shift, and N Track Sense Shift.
Hyundai just gave this model a minor overhaul for the year 2024, which is coming in January and here’s what’s new.
Updates for the Hyundai Elantra N
The new Elantra N gets a few redesigned parts including a new front & rear bumper, grille, and rear diffuser, new dual-projector LED headlamps, new 19″ forged alloy wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres. The new look gets enhanced with black trim pieces. You also get N-specific red trim on the bumpers and side sill mouldings. New N brand emblems are also present in anodized black.
Hyundai also brings some motorsport-derived capabilities for sharper handling, enhanced safety and improved comfort. Improvements include:
- reinforced engine-mount membrance
- G-bushing reinforcement
- new rear suspension S/ABS insulator
- software improvements to Electronic Controlled Suspension features
- low-friction universal joint and enhanced gearbox tolerances for steering system
- new software for the motor-driven power steering system
- lower unsprung weight thanks to forged alloy wheels
- improved cooling with redesigned duct-style air guards
- brake-cooling air guides on front bumper
- upgraded Electronic Stability Control software
- thermal protection on front brake lines
Unfortunately, the Hyundai Elantra N will not be coming to Malaysia.