Published on November 10th, 2023 | by Subhash Nair0
4th Generation Hyundai Tucson Launched In Malaysia From RM158,888 To RM195,888
The new Hyundai Tucson arrives in Malaysia in three variants starting at RM159K.
A week after order books were opened, Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors has officially launched the 4th generation Tucson in Malaysia. There will be three variants with two engine options available for our market:
- Hyundai Tucson 2.0L Lite – RM158,888
- Hyundai Tucson 1.6T Plus – RM178,888
- Hyundai Tucson 1.6T Max – RM195,888
Every Hyundai Tucson model sold here will be fully-imported from South Korea and the first 100 customers to book this year will receive a free 5-year/300,000km “extended warranty” as well as a free 3-year/50,000km service package. This extended warranty and service package will thereafter be priced at RM10,000.
The 2.0L Lite model comes with the proven Smartstream MPI naturally-aspirated petrol engine that’s good for 156PS and 192Nm of torque. It’s paired to a familiar 6-speed conventional automatic, sending power to the front wheels only. This is a conventional powertrain that promises fuss-free motoring for years to come.
Those looking for a bit more power can go for the 1.6T models, which come with a turbocharged direct injection petrol engine that develops 180PS and 265Nm of torque. This power also gets sent to the front wheels only but via a quick-shifting 7-speed wet dual clutch transmission. This high-tech gearbox features shift-by-wire technology with push-button gear selection.
Hyundai Tucson Equipment Breakdown
The Hyundai Tucson comes with 16″ ventilated brake discs all around as well as LED headlights. Inside, you get a 4.25″ Supervision instrument cluster, a leather steering wheel with audio controls and an 8″ infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connected to 6 speakers.
All versions of the 4th generation Hyundai Tucson come with 7 airbags, including a front-thorax airbag. Other standard equipment includes an electronic parking brake, Blind Spot Collision Warning, and Safe Exit Warning. You even get a Drive Mode Selector and Hyundai’s Smart Key with Remote Start functionality.
Both turbocharged variants swap the standard 17″ alloy wheels to 19″ alloys and come with leather upholstery, an 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment, a tyre pressure monitoring system and paddle shifters.
The full-spec turbocharged 1.6T Max gets a lot more upgrades including:
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist with Vehicle/Pedestrian/Cyclist detection
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA-JT) -Junction
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA) with motion sensor
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Aluminium roof rack
- Dual Zone climate control with rear aircond vent
- Powered tailgate
- Electronic chromic mirror
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Auto Wipers
- All-round auto up/down windows
- Wireless Charging
- Forwards & Reverse Parking Assist System
Colour choices include:
- Amazon Gray Metallic
- Phantom Black Pearl
- Creamy White Pearl
- Crimson Red Pearl (turbo models only)
- Silky Bronze Metallic (turbo models only)
Order your Tucson at any nationwide Hyundai sales outlet or via Hyundai’s online booking platform.