Published on October 27th, 2013 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Chevrolet Malibu….On Its Way
Chevrolet has unveiled the 2014 Malibu – a roomier, more refined and more efficient execution of its executive sedan. Updated styling, a revised interior, a new 2.5L standard engine and suspension enhancements highlight the changes. It goes on sale soon at all Naza Quest Chevrolet showrooms in Malaysia.
The new and enhanced features include:
- Revised front-end appearance
- Roomier rear seat with 1.25 inches more knee room
- Redesigned center console
- New 2.5L engine with variable valve lift control and start/stop technology helps deliver estimated fuel economy of 23 city / 35 highway – a 5-percent improvement in city mileage and 3-percent greater highway efficiency
- Suspension enhancements derived from the all-new 2014 Impala engineered to contribute to a more refined driving experience
- New available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features
Chevrolet Malibu’s revised front-end appearance is influenced by the all-new Impala, creating a more cohesive look across Chevrolet’s sedan lineup. The front fascia features a new, more prominent lower grille and the hood extends down and over the leading edge of a narrower upper grille. The grille openings – with black grille texture – are wider and accented with chrome. Inside, redesigned seats contribute to greater rear-seat space and greater comfort. The front seatbacks are shaped to improve rear-seat knee room, while new cushion sculpturing and revised cushion material allow passengers to sit deeper in the rear seats. Approximately half an inch was trimmed from the front of the rear seat cushion, for greater comfort behind passengers’ legs. The Malibu’s redesigned center console has a longer armrest designed for greater comfort, along with a pair of cup holders and dedicated storage for two cell phones.