Published on September 26th, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual in white gold & black dial
Unveiled at the inauguration of its Moscow boutique, Lange has now made its Langematik Perpetual available for the first time in white gold, with a black dial, a colour combination typically found only in platinum models.
The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual comes with ALS classical design, meaning a pure and refined round case polished on the top, brushed on the sides, with masculine and straight lugs. The Langematik Perpetual can easily be considered a dress-watch, with its reasonable 38.5mm x 10.2mm case, that now comes in white gold. Previously, the A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual was available in 18k pink gold and in solid platinum, both with a silver opaline dial.
The dial, a solid-silver plate, is quite specific on the Langematik Perpetual baucause of its indexes, showing applied Roman Numerals. A. Lange & Söhne chose not to use them at 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9. Because of the sub-dials, it would have created partially cut indexes. The dial is showing several but practical indications, located in 4 sub-dials and an aperture:
- The A. Lange & Söhne large date (with two separated discs) at 12
- The day of the week and the day-night indicator at 9
- The month at 3
- The leap year in a small silver dial at 3, just under the days
- The Moon phase and the small seconds at 6
All these indications can be adjusted by 4 recessed pushers in the case band (one main push piece for simultaneously advancing all calendar displays and 3 recessed corrector buttons for individually advancing the day, the month, and the moon phase). However, if the Langematik Perpetual keeps running, it will need only one correction every 100 years for the perpetual calendar and one correction every 122.6 years for the moon phase. And that is all due to the very nicely manufactured and complicated movement.
The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual comes with a self-winding movement, build around a three-quarter rotor architecture, that preserves the ¾ bridge style, dear to the german brand. As usual with A. Lange & Söhne, it fits perfectly the case and comes with beautifully executed finishes. The A. Lange & Söhne Langematik Perpetual in white gold with black dial will be delivered on a black crocodile strap and priced from Euro 68.000. It is now part of the regular collection.
- Movement: Lange manufacture calibre L922.1 SAX-0-MAT, self-winding, crafted to the most exacting Lange quality standards, decorat- ed and assembled by hand; precision-adjusted in five posi- tions; three-quarter plate made of untreated German silver with integrated three-quarter rotor in 21-carat gold and centrifugal mass in platinum, reversing and reduction gear with four ball bearings; balance cock engraved by hand. Shock-resistant screw balance, Nivarox® balance spring*, fre- quency of 21,600 semi-oscillations per hour, whiplash precision index adjuster with patented beat-adjustment mechanism. 46 hours of power reserve. 478 parts.
- Functions: Time display with hours and minutes, subsidiary seconds with stop seconds and patented ZERO-RESET function; perpetual calendar with date, day of the week, month, moon phase and leap year; day/night indicator.
- Adjustments: Crown for winding the watch and setting the time; a recessed main push piece for simultaneously advancing all calendar dis- plays; recessed corrector buttons for individually advancing the day, the month, and the moon phase
- Case: 18k white gold, Diameter: 38.5 millimeters; height: 10.2 millimeters.
- Dial: Solid silver. Black. Rhodiumed gold, luminous hands and indexes
- Strap: Hand-stitched crocodile strap, black.