Published on December 1st, 2014 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Mercedes Benz E 400 HYBRID Shows Impressive Fuel Savings With Power
Mercedes-Benz is opening a new chapter in its brand’s core segment and at the same time setting new standards for luxury-class business vehicles with the V6-cylinder petrol engine in the E 400 HYBRID that produces 306hp and 370Nm, and is also supplemented by a further 20 kW and 250 Nm from an electric motor. The consumption figures based on the American CAFE standard are: City 24 mpg, Highway 31 mpg, Combined 27 mpg. This is very impressive fuel consumption figures and an industry best.
With these E-Class hybrid Mercedes Benz continues its comprehensive hybrid offensive in Malaysia. The modular technology opens up a quick way for Mercedes Benz to complement other model series with hybrid models. With a clear focus on the different requirements of luxury car buyers in Malaysia, this E-Class hybrid provide a clear reduction in consumption as well as a very impressive driving experience: they represent hybrid motoring at the premium level.
The new models do not require their passengers to have to compromise when it comes to space, however, whether in terms of the interior or the luggage compartment. And there are also additional benefits to the intelligent modular hybrid concept, which represents a comprehensive enhancement of the Mercedes-Benz S 400 HYBRID.
There is no changes to the vehicle body as the hybrid module is both flexible and modular, thus allowing its use in other model series. Meanwhile, the extra building cost involved is only moderate.
Highlights of the E 400 HYBRID at a glance:
- Compact, intelligent and modular hybrid concept: no changes to the body of the base vehicle are necessary
- No compromises in terms of space, safety and comfort
- Significant increase in comfort with start/stop operation; noiseless start, complete climatic comfort
- Consumption combined (CAFE): 27 mpg
- Part of the intelligent downsizing strategy of Mercedes-Benz: increase in the engine output of the E 400 HYBRID by some 20 kW and 250 Nm thanks to the electric motor
- Impressive hybrid driving experience (start/stop function, regenerative braking, boost effect, purely electric motoring and “sailing” function)