Published on July 2nd, 2015 | by Subhash Nair0
Toyota Mirai Has 500km Range and Comes With 3 Years of Free Fuel
The new Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle will offer an EPA-estimated 67 miles per gallon equivalent (mpge) city/highway/combined when it hits dealerships in California this fall, and an EPA-estimated driving range rating of over 500km on a single fill of hydrogen.
Toyota North America CEO Jim Lentz announced the EPA-estimated performance figures at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, Colorado. Mirai is the only zero emission electric vehicle on the market that tops the 300 mile range milestone.
The world’s first mass-produced hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicle, the Toyota Mirai is a four-door, mid-size sedan with performance that fully competes with traditional internal combustion engines – but uses no gasoline. Instead, Mirai creates electricity on demand using hydrogen, oxygen and a fuel cell, and emits nothing but water vapor in the process.
Toyota has matched the Mirai’s impressive performance with an equally impressive ownership experience. In addition to outstanding range and fuel economy, Mirai drivers will enjoy a comprehensive, ownership experience offering a range of world-class services, including:
- Three years’ worth of complimentary fuel
- Three years complimentary Safety Connect and Entune, including hydrogen station finder app.
- Three years of 24/7 customer call support.
- Mirai Complimentary Rental Experience for seven days per year for three years.
- ToyotaCare, our standard no cost service plan and roadside assistance, is enhanced for Mirai and offers:
- No cost scheduled maintenance for three years, or 35,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- No cost enhanced roadside assistance for three years, regardless of mileage, including expedited towing service and trip interruption reimbursement at a maximum of $500 per day for up to 5 days per incident.
- 8-year/100,000-mile warranty on key fuel cell vehicle components including the FC stack and power control unit; FC hydrogen tanks; hybrid battery pack and ECU; FC air compressor, boost converter and ECU; hybrid control module (power management control module); and hydrogen fueling ECU.
Beginning this summer, California customers can request a Mirai by visiting www.toyota.com/mirai. Customers are encouraged to visit www.toyota.com/mirai today to sign up for more information and notification of exact Mirai order request launch timing in the coming months.