Published on April 20th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Peugeot Previews More Streamlined & Informative Next-Generation i-Cockpit
What you see here is Peugeot’s vision of tomorrow’s driving environment, based on the experience of 2.2 million users of the current generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit fitted on the 208, 3008 and 308 vehicles.
Based on a few essential elements of i-Cockpit which include a compact steering wheel, a heads-up instrument panel and large touchscreen, the highlighted vision offers an incredibly streamlined, modern and informative instrument panel. The near-lack of buttons, along with the choice of high-grade materials and high manufacturing quality, enhances the specificity of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit and increases driving pleasure, agility and driver concentration.
A new generation high-tech PEUGEOT i-Cockpit
The highly accomplished and perfectly functional new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit retains all the existing codes, with a resolutely intuitive arrangement.
- The steering wheel is even more compact and re-designed to free up more of the driver’s field of vision and leg space.
- The head-up instrumentation display is a 12.3’’ high-resolution digital screen with futuristic graphics. It is fully customisable, and displays everything the driver needs, within the field of vision.
- The large 8’’ touchscreen is like a tablet set against the middle of the instrument panel, and comes with interactive technology for increased responsiveness and practicality when used.
Of course, this new PEUGEOT i-Cockpit concept is compatible with the best technologies currently available on the market:
- 3D navigation, connected to voice recognition, with real-time traffic information from Tom Tom Traffic, and the possibility of transferring navigation and direction indications directly onto the head-up screen;
- Hands-free device with voice commands, automatic management of text messages (reading, sending);
- Information on a number of available driving aids;
- Connectivity due to the Mirror Screen function and the Apple CarPlay, Mirrorlink and Android Auto technologies.
Two atmospheres are offered as standard to the occupants: “Boost”, for dynamic driving, and “Relax”, for a calmer driving experience. Both atmospheres are entirely customisable, making it possible to go beyond the driver’s and passengers’ pleasure and make their on-board experience unique, engaging and unforgettable.