Published on July 28th, 2016 | by Subhash Nair0
Owner Compensation and New Service Hubs for Takata Inflator Recall
Today, Honda Malaysia updated the Takata Airbag Inflator situation with 3 huge developments.
1. They will open 3 new temporary Service Central Hubs from 1st August 2016 till 30th September 2016. These will operate from 8am to 7pm EVERYDAY except on public holidays. Book an appointment now by calling 1-800-88-2020.
Here are their locations:
- Northern Hub – (Next to S.M.J.K Convent Dato’ Keramat School). No.401, Jalan Dato’ Keramat, 10150 Georgetown, Penang.
- Central Hub – Soo & Sons Metal Works Sdn Bhd (next to Columbia Asia Hospital). Lot 15 Jalan 13/6, Section 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Southern Hub – Oriental Assemblers Sdn Bhd. 99 & 99A-C, Jalan Tampoi, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor.
2. Honda Malaysia will open a total of 24 Mobile Hubs which will be set up at 21 selected Petron service stations and three (3) Honda Family Road Trip locations. These Mobile Hubs will open from 5th August 2016 until 25th September 2016 and will be operational every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at three (3) different locations from 8am to 7pm. Book an appointment now by calling 1-800-88-2020.
Here are their locations:
3. Honda Malaysia understands the inconvenience caused by the Takata airbag recalls and that some customers will experience loss of use of their Honda cars during the parts waiting period for the replacement parts for Takata driver front airbag inflators. Such customers are now advised to register themselves with Honda Malaysia at www.productrecall.honda.com.my for compensation of RM50 per day for “loss of use of car”. The compensation period begins on 28th July 2016 and ends on 31st August 2016. Upon arrival of the replacement parts for Takata driver front airbag inflators, the registered customers with Honda Malaysia will be notified and advised to replace the airbag inflators within two (2) days. The process and further details of the compensation plan are available at www.productrecall.honda.com.my.
Honda Malaysia would like to assure their customers that their safety is its highest priority and the company will continue to do the best to ensure parts availability and sufficient service capacity together with its authorized dealers in Malaysia. They continue to notify existing customers of the product recall
Honda customers can check their vehicles recall status either by logging on to www.honda.com.my or www.productrecall.honda.com.my or by calling the Honda Toll Free number 1-800-88-2020.