Published on October 21st, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Subaru Updates Their BRZ for 2017
Even before we get to test drive the current Subaru BRZ, there is an updated version on the way. Comprehensive update includes improved handling, increased performance, revised styling and new convenience features.
So, here below is the list of updates to the BRZ:
- Revised 2.0-liter SUBARU BOXER engine with new cylinder heads, valves, camshaft, aluminum intake manifold and redesigned exhaust manifolds.
- Engine output in models with 6-speed manual transmission is increased to 205-hp and 156 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Final drive ratio lowered from 4.10 to 4.30:1 to improve acceleration on models with manual transmission.
- New Performance Package available on the Limited model with the manual transmission includes Brembo® calipers and larger rotors on front and rear brakes.
- SACHS® Performance shock absorbers that improve cornering stability.
- Exclusive 17-in x 7.5-in black aluminum-alloy wheels.
- Front end distinguished by redesigned bumper and “kono-ji” style full-LED C-shaped headlights; rear combination lights and available fog lights also changed to full-LED.
- New pedestal-type aluminum rear spoiler, standard for all trims, improves downforce; comes in matching body color and black finish.
- Additional chassis reinforcements increase BRZ’s rigidity; revised springs and dampers and a larger rear stabilizer bar improve responsiveness, stability and ride comfort.
- Raised thresholds for stability control system further improve handling; with the new capability, the system’s “Sport” mode was changed to “Track” mode.
- New standard 10-spoke, 17-in aluminum alloy wheel with a high-contrast black and machined finish.
- Incline Start Assist now standard; system holds the vehicle momentarily in position to prevent roll back on an incline while the driver accelerates.
- Limited trim adds new 4.2-in LCD multifunction display positioned to the right of the tachometer; provides vehicle performance displays including lateral G, accelerator pedal position, braking force, steering angle, oil and water temperature and battery voltage as well as an integrated stop watch for recording lap times.
- Redesigned leather-wrapped steering wheel with firmer, sportier feel along with new audio controls and multifunction display switches.