Published on October 26th, 2016 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Suzuki SV650A Launched in Malaysia – RM38,800
The Suzuki SV650 was first introduced in 1999. It was an instant hit for its versatility and affordable platform which has been produced in a variety of faired and naked versions to appeal to entry-level and experienced riders alike. This cult-like following for the Suzuki SV650 continued until 2009, when it was superseded by the SFV650 Gladius with its more flamboyant and modernized fashion esthetics. For the SV650A, Suzuki signals a return to greatness with not only what it calls “timeless styling,” but also a host of engine and chassis updates that have elevated performance.
This comes as welcome news for riders looking for an economical commuter as well as for sport-minded enthusiasts, with the new 645cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, eight-valve, 90-degree V-twin engine being refined with more than 60 new parts, resulting in 4 more horsepower, improved fuel efficiency and enhanced reliability.
Styling is the first thing that most riders will notice about SV650A. With the tough and sturdy steel trellis frame still at the core of its foundation, styling enhancements are clear, such as the classic round headlight which has made a triumphant return. The lines of the tank have been trimmed down for an increasingly svelte look and feel. The new exhaust is cleaner in appearance while cutting weight and the tail section, with its LED lights, looks absolutely killer.
Product Concept – Back To Its Origin
The core concept of the SV650A is the fun of riding a V-twin sports machine for all riders, in slim, simple and lightweight package.
- The 645cc DOHC 90°V-twin engine for the Suzuki SV650A has been refined with more than 60 new parts, producing increased power while conforming to Euro4 emission requirements.
- The V-twin engine delivers deep rumble in the low rev range, strong and linear torque in mid-range, and runs smoothly up to high rpm range in a controllable manner.
- By redesigning more than 140 parts and components (engine and chassis parts combined), the curb mass is reduced by 8kg (ABS model). Its slim and lightweight chassis provides super-agile handling performance, yet it has forgiving character.
Improved Riding Control
- New “Low RPM Assist” helps rider in launching and running at lower rpm.
- New “Suzuki Easy Start” simplifies rider’s operation in engine starting.
- Narrow bodyworks and lightweight chassis is easy to maneuver.
- Seat height is 785mm, one of the lowest in the class.
- Fuel economy is improved to 3.84L/100km.
- New full LCD instrument cluster provides a lot of information.
Multi-function Instrument Panel
- Newly designed, full LCD instrument cluster is lightweight and compact. The full-LCD design eliminates motor and needle mechanics, resulting in a weight of only 275 g.
- Instruments are brightness-adjustable full LCD. The LCD readout includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, driving range, average and instant fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock.
- White back light for good visibility in night time riding.
- LED indicators include a turn signal, high-beam, Neutral, malfunction indicator, ABS and coolant temperature /oil pressure indicator lights are designed to easy to recognize.
- Bar-type tachometer features “peak-hold” function, which shows peak rpm when rpm drops. So rider can recognize the peak rpm of the last moment when downshifting.
A selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories is available for riders who want to customize their SV650A. Available in Metallic Triton Blue and Pearl Mira Red, the Suzuki SV650A is offered at a basic sales price of RM38,800 (GST excluded).
To find a Suzuki Authorized Dealer closest to you or to inquire further details, kindly contact Suzuki Assemblers Malaysia Sdn Bhd at 04-3977 453 (Sales & Marketing Department) or 04-3977 091 (Spare Parts Department) or visit www.suzuki.com.my.