Published on October 14th, 2016 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
This Is The 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6
Yamaha has just unveiled their new YZF superbike. Yamaha says this new R6 boasts the best aerodynamics so far, and, along with complex electronic management systems that will make it one of the greatest middleweight sportbikes for 2017.
The riding position has also been enhanced, there is a new slimline magnesium rear subframe along with a lightweight aluminum fuel tank, new adjustable suspension and all are mounted to a redesigned aluminum Deltabox frame. The swingarm is made of aluminum too and uses a modern banana-shape design.
This new 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four engine is said to be equipped with forged aluminum pistons, titanium valves, twin-injector Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T), Air Induction System and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I), magnesium head and case covers as well as a titanium exhaust.
Mated to the new engine is a close-ration 6-speed transmission connected via a new slipper clutch which will work perfectly with the quickshifter which is similar to the R1.
The seat height is now situated at 850 mm while the bike offers a 130 mm ground clearance. The bike takes in 3.4 liters of oil and 17 liters of fuel, summing up for a total wet weight of just 190 kg.
The 2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 will be available in either Race Blu or Tech Black along with some white stripes across the front fairing and matching rims. The belly pan stays silver for the former color scheme.
2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 Need To Know Facts
- Next generation R-series design
- YZF-R1 inspired face
- Best ever YZF-R6 aerodynamics
- 6-level TCS to suit changing riding conditions
- Quickshifter for faster full throttle clutchless upshifts
- 43mm YZF-R1 type fork with YZF-R6 specific settings
- 320mm diameter YZF-R1 type front brakes with radial 4-pot calipers
- Slimline magnesium rear sub frame
- New angled seat
- Lightweight aluminium fuel tank
- Enhanced riding position
- Euro4 compliant
2017 Yamaha YZF-R6 Technical Highlights
- 599cc, 67mm x 42.5mm, liquid-cooled, 4-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke, 4-cylinder
- Forged aluminum pistons, 13.1:1 compression ratio
- Titanium intake/exhaust valves
- Air Induction System and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake (YCC-I)
- Twin-injector Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T)
- Slipper clutch
- Close-ratio 6-speed transmission
- Magnesium head and case covers
- EXUP valves contributing to excellent torque characteristics
- Titanium exhaust silencer
- Aluminum frame and swingarm
- Colours: Race Blu or Tech Black