Published on February 21st, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
IWC presents the DA VINCI CHRONOGRAPH EDITION “LAUREUS SPORT FOR GOOD FOUNDATION”
The new IWC Da Vinci Chronograph Laureus Sport for Good Foundation Limited Edition is in very limited numbers of 1500 pieces.
This Da Vinci Chronograph Laureus Sport for Good Foundation comes in a 42mm stainless steel with black alligator strap and a striking sunburst blue dial.
The new IWC Da Vinci Chronograph Laureus Sport for Good Foundation Limited Edition is fitted with a stunning sunburst blue dial with applied raised Arabic numerals. The dial is nicely balanced featuring a running seconds sub dial with date aperture at 6 o’clock and a 12-hour monocounter chrono register at 12 o’clock. Rounding out the elegant look of this new timepiece, lancet-shaped hands complete the design, along with bright red accents on the outer minute rail track and on the tip of the seconds hand.
Movement & Case Back
The solid case back features a special engraving featuring the winning drawing from the IWC Drawing competition that was created by a disable Chinese kid. The case back also features the limited edition information. Powering the new IWC Da Vinci Chronograph Laureus Sport Limited Edition is the automatic in-house calibre 89361 with flyback mechanism.
Asking price is approximately USD12,500.
- Like we mentioned earlier, it is a limited edition series of just 1,500 watches
- Mechanical chronograph movement
- IWC-manufactured 89361 calibre (89000-calibre family)
- 68-hour power reserve when fully wound
- Date display
- Stopwatch function with hours, minutes and seconds
- Hour and minute counters combined in a totalizer at 12 o’clock
- Flyback function
- Small hacking seconds
- Sapphire glass, arched edge, antireflective coating on both sides
- Special back engraving
- Water-resistant 3 bar
- Case height 14.5 mm
- Diameter 42 mm
- Alligator leather strap by Santoni