Published on May 9th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
5 Reasons To Buy BMW’s NEW 5-Series……maybe even 6?
1. Like every new BMW introduced into the market, this all new 5-Series has grown…..yes it is larger than the outgoing model F10 BMW 5-Series and yet it is lighter by as much 100kgs which is the weight of a daily nasi kandar eating male. This BMW 5 Series has the best-in-class dimensions of 4,936 mm (+29mm) in length, 1,868 mm (+8mm) in width, and 1,479 mm (+2mm) in height.
2. BMW product planner have loaded up the cabin of this G30 5-Series with some of the goodies found in the all new BMW 7-Sereis. The best goodie of all is the BMW Display Key which means your 5-Series can be parked remotely by using the. There is also the new heads-up display, which now has a resolution of 800 x 400, plus a projection area that is 70% larger.
3. BMW engineers know that most G30 buyers will be older and possibly former F10 owners so they replaced the G30 the H-arm design rear suspension and replaced it with the more traditional 5-link style. With the 5-link design it is easier for engineers to fine-tune the wheel’s movement to provide a slightly higher ride comfort level which older drivers are looking for.
4. This new 5-Series is even safer. Yes, more safety features have been installed where this BMW now can steer by itself (lane keeping, lane control assistant), automatic lane change. The car is even smart enough to warn you if you accidentally entered a one-way road in the wrong direction.
5. Quicker and more efficient. For just RM398,800 you get this fully imported car with BMW’s latest-generation inline 4-cylinder 2-litre petrol engine mated with an equally optimised 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission, this generates a maximum output of 252hp, torque of 350Nm and accelerates from 0-100 km/h in just 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 250km/h. The average fuel consumption of the All-New BMW 530i M Sport stands at 5.8 litres per 100 km with C02 emissions of 132 grams per kilometre.
6. Then there is the BMW prestige value and its good looks…….since this new 5-Series looks almost like the more expensive all new BMW 7-Series, many will think you have more money this year…….this alone will have your friends, workmates and even people who do not like you jealous that you are driving this new BMW.