Published on May 2nd, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Waiting list for VW’s all new Tiguan crossover?
Yes, there is a waiting list forming as you read this for the all new Volkswagen Tiguan crossover. This new Tiguan was officially launched Malaysia in early April this year and now just 4 weeks later a waiting list of up to 6 months is in effect. Also of the 2 variants launched it is the more expensive (RM168,990) Highline variant that is in demand.
Using an all new 1.4L turbocharged direct injection engine mated to a reliable and quick shifting 6-speed wet clutch DSG, this large and roomy Volkswagen produces a healthy 150PS and 250Nm of torque from a low 1300rpm to 3500rpm. With an EEV fuel rating of just 6.7L/100km.
Price for the Comfortline version is just RM148,990 and for the Highline is only RM168,990.
The more popular VW Tiguan Highline features are as follows:
- 18″ Kingston Alloy Wheels
- Park Assist 3.0
- Full LED Headlamps and DRLs
- Silver Roof Rails
- Electric Tailgate
- Leather Interior
- 12.3″ Active Info Display (an LCD screen that replaces the instrument cluster)
- 3-Zone Climatronic Air-conditioning
- Interior Ambient Lighting
- Rear View Camera
With the VW Tiguan Comfortline you will get:
- 17″ Montana Alloy Wheels
- Park Distance Control
- Automatic Rain and Light Sensors
- LED Tail Lamps
- Black Roof Rails
- Fabric Interior
- Multifunction Colour Premium Display
- 8″ Touch Screen with Bluetooth, SD Card, USB and Aux-In functionality
- 8 Speakers
- Paddle Shifters
This new Tiguan now has 520 liters of boot space which is up to 145 litres more space than its predecessor with the rear seats forward. Split-fold them down and that grows to a huge 615 litres.