Published on May 25th, 2017 | by Subhash Nair0
What’s New with the Updated Proton Iriz?
Starting 1 June 2017, Proton Iriz buyers will be in for a surprise. Proton will be updating their B-segment hatch with all the refinements found in the new Persona.
So while the spec sheets show no mechanical changes, this revision drastically changes the car in a number of ways.
The emphasis on the update has been to elevate how the car handles Noise, Vibration and Harshness. The biggest changes are as follows:
- 3-point engine mounting
This has led to a big difference in the amount of engine noise and vibration that can be perceived in the cabin. We found that all variants were noticeably quieter than cars they replaced.
Old engine bay (not much has changed visually, but it’s a different animal):
- More noise and vibration insulation (especially at the rear)
- ECU/TCU remapped for better drivabilityAlso the info panel is in white. Much nicer now.
- Premium Variant Now has sport accentsBlack grille
Black wing mirrors
Black Rear Spoiler
- All variants now come with sporty seat covers
- Carnelian Brown replaces Citrus Green Colour Option
- The head unit has been improved significantly. No more aftermarket-feeling Android unit
- All variants now sport the new badge/CI