Published on April 19th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
11 reasons why you should at least take this Cerato for a test drive
From its distinctive KIA ‘Tiger Nose’ grille to its clipped rear overhang, this Cerato still looks poised and athletic. In profile it is sleek, purposeful, with a sense of fluidity that stands out in the car park. In a tired world of automotive carbon copies, this KIA Cerato remains a standout vehicle in its segment.
in the strong-selling small car segment. Kia knows this and this is why this Cerato is packed with safety and cabin comfort features that stands tall above the competition and we present 11 reasons why you should at least take it for a test drive to feel how a premium product can be priced below RM99k with insurance and road tax ready for on the road excitement.
- This Cerato carries a very European-flavoured body styling, with a mesh-grilled front end and swept-back headlights.
- There are LED rear taillights, and the addition of daytime running lights makes the front-end just have that premium look.
- At 4560mm long and 1435mm high the Cerato’s relatively sensible dimensions provide plenty of space for upfront passengers, and the seats in the back serve up ample room for 3 adult passengers.
- Up front, there are two cupholders, along with room in the doors for water bottles. The small-size central storage bin is home to two power points and a USB source, and there’s a second, surprisingly deep storage bin that separates the two front seats. There’s a sunglass holder that’s integrated into the roof, too, as well as mirrors with lights in each of the sun visors.
- The luggage capacity is a very decent 482 litres so trips back home to vote or visit the family will be easy.
- Cabin comfort features include START/STOP ignition, welcome lightings and a driver electric seats with memory for 2 drivers (no other segment rival has this memory feature).
- Inside you get carbonfibre-effect trim inserts and a cooling glovebox.
- This Cerato arrives with six airbags (dual front, front-side and curtain) and the normal suite of traction and braking aids like ABS and ESP. You’ll also find parking sensors front and rear, fog lights front and rear and Kia’s own Vehicle Stability Management system.
- Smart boot…it is so simple….with the key in your pocket, just stand near the boot and wait for just 5 blinks of the tail-lamps and the boot lid opens by itself. This is a great feature if you happen to have your hands full with groceries and like other cars in its segment, you do not need to balance on one foot and wave the other foot to open the boot.
- It comes with ‘Drive Mode Select’. This is a faeture which provides Eco, Normal and Sport settings to vary both the steering weight and the drivetrain’s response.
- Fuel consumption per 100km – average of 7.2 Litres….in ECO mode driving.
This is an urban-friendly sedan that definitely looks better than your average run-of-the-mill rival. Plus, you get an unlimited mileage 5-years manufacturers warranty. Peace of mind ownership for 60 months.