Published on April 1st, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
5 Reasons Why The Ford Ranger Is Still Selling So Well
Like it or now the Ford Ranger is still selling very well in Malaysia despite tough competition from Isuzu, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda and Toyota. So here we present 5 reasons why we think this truck is still a market favorite.
- Ford’s Ranger pickup is still a very stylish and muscular looking pickup truck.
- This latest edition of the Ranger comes with Ford’s SYNC 2 in-car connectivity system with voice command and an 8-inch touch screen LCD.
- The Ranger also has driver-assistive features such as Lane Keeping Alert and Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keeping Aid, Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning and Forward Alert, front/rear Parking Assist, Electronic Stability Program, Hill Climb Assist, Hill Descent Control, Adaptive Load Control, and Emergency Brake Assistance.
- Under the hood is a turbocharged 2.2L Duratorq TDCi diesel with a smooth shifting 6-speed AT. The top-spec Ranger Wildtrak 4×4 offers a turbocharged 3.2L mated to a 6-speed AT.
- This Ranger boasts a ground clearance is of 280 mm with a 28-degree approach and 25-degree departure angles. It can also wade through water up to 800 mm deep, which makes it perfect for travelling the length and breadth of Borneo and for the logging and construction industry.
The pick-up truck market has moved into a new era, and the Ranger can rightfully claim to be trucks that raised the bar and set new standards for the next generation of pick-up trucks that follow. Its completeness as a package is difficult to fault, having pioneered the introduction of equipment new to the segment, and bringing the overall driving experience remarkably close to what one expects of a sports utility vehicle (SUV).
Ford Ranger FX4 Specifications
Engine: 4-cylinder/16v Turbo Diesel
Power: 160bhp @ 3200rpm
Torque: 385Nm @ 1600-2600rpm
Transmission: 6-speed Auto
Price without insurance is RM 121,888.00 for Peninsular Malaysia.
Price without insurance is RM 127,688.00 for East Malaysia.
Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2-Diesel Specifications
Engine: 5-cylinder/16v Turbo Diesel
Power: 200bhp @ 3000rpm
Torque: 470Nm @ 1750-2500rpm
Transmission: 6-speed auto