Published on October 16th, 2018 | by Subhash Nair1
Japanese Mazda CX-5 Gets a Turbocharged 2.5-litre and More
Updates to the Mazda CX-5
Powertrain, handling stability and ride comfort
- – The first model in Japan available with the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T, a 2.5-liter inline-four direct-injection gasoline turbo engine. Burning regular unleaded gasoline, it outputs up to 230PS at 4,250 rpms and produces up to 420 Nm of torque at 2,000 rpms.
- – GVC Plus, a new technology that improves handling stability at high speeds and during emergency maneuvers while suppressing sudden, unintended movements to enhance passengers’ peace of mind, comes as standard equipment on all model grades.
- – The SKYACTIV-MT six-speed manual transmission is now available with the SKYACTIV-D 2.2 diesel engine in both FWD and AWD configurations.
Advances in safety and convenience
- – Nighttime pedestrian detection is added to Advanced Smart City Braking Support (Advanced SCBS).
- – A 360° View Monitor is standard equipment on the Exclusive Mode special edition and is available as a factory-installed option for all model grades.
- – Mazda Connect car-connectivity system supports Apple CarPlay for the first time on a Mazda model in Japan.
- – Mazda Connect car-connectivity system supports Android Auto ™ for the first time on a Mazda model in Japan.
Improvements in design and quality
- – The 17-inch aluminum wheels are painted Gray Metallic instead of Dark Silver. (The design is unchanged.)
- – The climate control panel, switches and dials are redesigned for better feel and operability.
- – For models with normal speakers, the surface material of the A-pillar trim has been changed from resin to fabric. In addition, tweeters have been added at the base of the A-pillar, increasing the number of speakers from four to six.
Exclusive Mode special edition (with SKYACTIV-G 2.5T or SKYACTIV-D 2.2)
The Exclusive Mode special edition offers Mazda’s highest-grade interior, using specially selected materials such as Nappa leather upholstery and real woodgrain trim to create a premium cabin space with the feel of a higher-class vehicle. In addition, features and functions that improve comfort and safety enhance the joy of ownership.
- – Seats are upholstered in soft, smooth Nappa leather and the exclusive interior color coordination uses black on the pillars and ceiling and Deep Red in the lower areas.
- – Real woodgrain is used in decorative trim panels for a look of refinement and warmth.
- – The frameless rear-view mirror provides a wider field of vision and a cleaner look.
- – 19-inch aluminum wheels with exclusive dark gloss paint accentuate a look of composure and toughness.
- – Both front seats feature a ventilation system that extracts hot air trapped between the occupant and the seat surface.
- – The seven-inch TFT LCD display mounted in the center of the meter cluster shows essential driving information in a well-organized and easy-to-read manner.
- – White LEDs are used throughout the cabin for consistent interior lighting, and foot lamps come as standard equipment for both front and rear seats.