Published on June 20th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Will this Peugeot 2008 EV coming to Malaysia?
This is an all new 2008 and with 3 variants ready for sale right now. Malaysia did see reasonable interest with the current 2008 and so we might get this all new model in Malaysia with the added fun of the electric driven variant.
The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will be the second vehicle to follow the ‘choose your PEUGEOT, choose your powertrain’ philosophy when it arrives later this year. The all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will be available with a choice of 100% electric, petrol or diesel powertrains.
Combining class-leading levels of technology, an instinctive driving experience and sharp design, the all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV will offer a unique proposition in the compact SUV segment.
The all-new 2008 SUV features PEUGEOT’s latest 3D i-Cockpit® with hologram technology and a state-of-the art head-up display, increasing driver reaction times.
A POWERTRAIN FOR EVERY OCCASION
The all-new e-2008 SUV is powered by a 100kW (136bhp) electric motor and 50kWh battery. Under WLTP testing, the 100% electric zero-emission SUV will achieve 193 miles of range.
Capable of supporting 100kW rapid charging technology, an 80% charge will take just 30 minutes, while a full charge using conventional 7.4kW and 11kW fast chargers will take between eight hours and five hours. A full charge from a domestic plug will take up to 20 hours.
With the MyPeugeot® app, owners will be able to pre-set the charging times, heating and air conditioning on their all-new e-2008 SUV, as well as check its current charge level remotely.
The all-new e-2008 SUV will feature two forms of energy recovery. Selecting Drive “D” recovery from the drive selector will feel similar to driving a standard diesel or petrol model, while Brake “B” provides more regenerative braking when lifting off the accelerator.
A series of unique styling cues help set the all-new e-2008 SUV apart from its petrol and diesel counterparts:
- A sparkling dichroic Lion emblem, with reflections alternating between green and blue depending on the angle of view
- An “e” monogram on the front side panel and tailgate.
- A body coloured chequered front grille
- Exclusive seat upholstery in Alcantara© on the e-2008 SUV GT
- Animation of specific information illustrating the operation of the powertrain in real time, accessed through the 3D digital instrument panel and can also be projected, like a hologram, via the colour
PEUGEOT’S EV SERVICES In Europe…….Could It Be Applied In Malaysia?
Supporting motorists looking to make the transition towards electric, PEUGEOT will be launching new services to coincide with the arrival of the all-new PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV. PEUGEOT’s new electric focussed service includes:
- A range of at-home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation
- Public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to public charging points across Europe: drivers are able to pre-select terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging.
- Trip planner: a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services; proposal of the best routes taking into account the location of charging stations on the route, sent to the in-car Connected 3D Navigation
- Mobility Pass: extended mobility by means of a pass for a rental internal combustion engine when needed
- E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot app that allows drivers to receive advice on how to optimise their driving and the range of the all-new PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV
- Serenity: aiming to reassure drivers in their EV discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind :
- New digital journey simulators to promote discovery and viability of the electric driving on the PEUGEOT website
- Special service contracts and road-side assistance, which may be included in a single finance package, to ensure peace of mind at all times
- Battery capacity certificate to facilitate vehicle resale with a guarantee of the vehicle’s battery charge capacity
The all-new e-2008 SUV is the second 100% electric vehicle from PEUGEOT, following from the all-new e-208 announced earlier this year. PEUGEOT has pledged that by 2023, its entire model line-up will feature an electrified version.
Built on the new Common Modular Platform (CMP), the all-new PEUGEOT 2008 SUV is 4.3m long (14cm longer than its predecessor), 1.7m wide and 1.54m high.
Practicality comes as standard and the 360L boot volume is the same across all powertrain choices.
Inside, the innovative use of colours and materials create a modern and stylish environment. The interior environment can also be personalised with a choice of 8 RGB LED colours.