Published on July 11th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW Malaysia Launches New 7-Series for RM594,800
BMW Malaysia today launched the new and very improved 7-Series. The car first debuted in March 2019.
As before, the 7-Series will be locally-assembled and it’s still a long wheelbase, plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) with intelligent all-wheel drive.
This time though, the electric motor is capable of 113hp (up from 111hp) and lends an all-electric range of 46km (up from 41km). More exciting though is that it’s back to being powered by a 3-litre inline 6 petrol engine. This B58B30 produces 388hp and 450Nm of torque. Combined system output stands at 394hp and 600Nm of torque.
This allows the new 740Le to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 5.1 seconds when pushed and still return 2.8L/100km when driven at a more regular pace.
The 8-speed Steptronic automatic is said to be integrated with the navigation system, cameras and radar sensors. This allows more efficient use of the start/stop system and coasting functions.
Driver assistance systems include:
- Evasion Aid
- Crossroads Warning with City Brake Activation
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Parking Assistant
- Reversing Assistant
You can also unlock and start the car with BMW Digital Key for selected Android mobile devices.
The interior is largely familiar to the pre-facelifted car, but here are the highlights:
- Increased noise insulation
- New mobile phone tray with wireless charging
- Poplar Grain Grey fine-wood trim
- Alcantara headliner
- Sports steering wheel
- 10.25″ digital instrument cluster (BMW Live Cockpit Professional)
- electrically adjustable comfort seats
- massage function on rear seats
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant
The new 7-Series comes in 4 exterior colours:
- Mineral White
- Black Sapphire
- Bernina Grey (pictured)
- Imperial Blue
Interior options are split between:
- Black Nappa Leather
- Cognac Nappa Leather
The BMW 740Le xDrive Pure Excellence is priced at RM594,800 and you’ll find these in local dealerships by the 19th of July (Peninsular) and 26th July (East Malaysia).
Balloon Financing Plan from BMW Group Financial Services Malaysia is available for as low as RM6,788 per month (80% loan, 5 year duration)
You’ll get the following from the BMW Group Malaysia Premium Ownership experience:
- BMW 5-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with Free Scheduled Service Programme
- BMW 2-Year/ 24 Month Tyre Warranty Programme for its Run Flat Tyre offering and services
- BMW Roadside Assistance and Accident Hotline
- The BMW Group Loyalty+ Mobile App – BMW White Card
- BMW Service Online