Published on July 6th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Child without seatbelt could be fatal in an accident!
Seat Belts Save Lives. FACT! But this elderly couple in this pickup truck were both wearing their seatbelts, but the child on the passengers lap was left without a seatbelt. In the event of hard braking or even a fender bender, the front passenger will not be able to hold the child and the child could be flung thru the front windscreen.
The law requires that all vehicle occupantswear an appropriate seat belt. Wearing seat belts reduces the risk of death inmotor vehicle crashes by up to 45%. Seat belts prevent 99% of occupants beingejected in a crash.
- Always wear a seat belt, evenwhen travelling short distances.
- Fasten the lap and shoulderbelt across the hips. Do not place the shoulder belt under the arm or acrossthe face or neck.
- Check seat belts periodicallyto ensure proper functioning.
- Securing your child properlyreduces the risk of death and injury. Be responsible, buckle up your children.
Practicethe following safety tips on every trip:
- Always buckle up your children,even for a short trip.
- Use a properly installed childsafety or booster seat.
- Select a car seat based on yourchild’s age and size.
- Do not travel with a child onyour lap.
- Sharing a seat belt with achild is dangerous.
- Infants or young childrenshould never be left unattended in a car.
- Children using seat belts shouldsit back against the vehicle seat with knees bending comfortably over the seatedge.