Published on September 27th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
PROTON Car Prices 
Prices shown below are taken from the official PROTON website. They are On-The-Road (OTR) prices without insurance for models sold in Peninsular Malaysia.
- 1.3L Standard MT – RM32,800
- 1.3L Standard AT – RM35,800
- 1.3L Premium AT – RM39,800
- 1.3L Standard MT – RM36,700
- 1.3L Standard CVT – RM39,700
- 1.3L Executive CVT – RM44,700
- 1.6L Executive CVT – RM46,700
- 1.6L Premium CVT – RM50,700
- 1.6L Standard MT – RM42,600
- 1.6L Standard CVT – RM44,600
- 1.6L Executive CVT – RM49,600
- 1.6L Premium CVT – RM54,600
- 1.6L Turbo Executive CVT – RM59,800
- 1.6L Turbo Premium CVT – RM66,800
- 1.6L Turbo Executive CVT – RM61,090.94
- 1.6L Turbo Premium CVT – RM68,430.57
- Standard 2WD – RM99,800
- Executive 2WD – RM109,800
- Executive AWD – RM115,800
- Premium 2WD – RM123,800
- 2.0L Solid – RM103,927.68
- 2.0L Metallic – RM104,326.21
- 2.4L Solid – RM126,849.21
- 2.4L Metallic – RM127,247.74
It all began in 1979, when Tun Mahathir Mohamad, the then Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia, mooted the idea of establishing an automotive assembling and manufacturing industry in our country. The dream came one step closer to reality when the Cabinet approved the National Car Project in 1982.
The dream was fulfilled when PROTON was officially incorporated on May 7, 1983. Their first model, the Proton Saga, was commercially launched on July 9, 1985. The first new market for the Proton Saga was Singapore, right across from the Straits of Johor.
The following year, we launched the Proton Saga 1.5L sedan and aeroback models. By then, over 50,000 units of the Proton Saga had been produced and sold in Bangladesh, Brunei, New Zealand, Malta and Sri Lanka. Soon after, Proton cars were distributed in the United Kingdom.
In its bid to revive its market share and manage perception, PROTON unveiled a fresh logo and 10 initiative to improve and enhance the customer experience.
On 24 May 2017, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co, Ltd (Geely) won the bid to acquire a 49.9% stake in PROTON. PROTON had sold 100% of its stake in Group LOTUS plc with 51% stake acquired by Geely and 49% by Etike Automobile Sdn Bhd.
Today, PROTON Relies on its three brand core values: Innovative Technology, Reliability, and International.
By accessing the best technology around the world, sourcing the best parts available and leveraging cross-border talent, experience and learning – they believe they can build better cars, deliver better service and compete on the international stage.