Published on September 12th, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Mazda CX-5 Updated, Now with 2.5 Turbo Option
Bermaz Motor has officially launched the updated Mazda CX-5, which now comes with a turbocharged 2.5-litre petrol engine as an option. This is a major update to the 2nd generation CX-5 which was launched in Malaysia in 2017 and has been one of the company’s most popular models.
Let’s run through some of the updates that are standard on all variants of the updated CX-5.
Just like the updated Mazda6, the CX-5 now comes with the following:
- G-Vectoring Control Plus (GVC Plus), an update over standard GVC. The system realizes consistently smooth transitions between yaw, roll and pitch even under high cornering forces, improving the vehicle’s ability to accurately track sudden steering inputs and crisply exit corners
- Applic Carplay and Android Auto are now standard on the Mazda6. This is accessed through Mazda Connect and allow for in-car use of Waze, Google Maps and Spotify
Except for the base 2.0 GL model, all variants of the CX-5 now comes with Mazda’s i-ACTIVESENSE safety features which includes:
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Smart City Brake Support (Front & Rear).
But the new CX-5 also adds:
- a new configurable 7.0-inch TFT gauge display on all variants
- a Coloured Windshield Projection Display (coloured heads up display) on the 2.5L Turbocharged AWD variant
There are now four engine options to choose from:
- 2.0-litre petrol
- 2.5-litre petrol
- 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol
- 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel
Since the other engines are unchanged, let’s talk more in detail about the new 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol.
- It produces 227hp at 5,000rpm and 420Nm of torque from 2,000rpm.
- It has a compression ratio of 10.5:1, one of the highest of any production engine in its class
- SKYACTIV technology, such as an oil pump with continously variable displacement, multi-hole injectors, Dynamic Pressure Turbo and cooled EGR
Here’s what colours the CX-5 comes in:
The 2.5-litre turbo ought to give Malaysians even more excitement and engagement. We can’t wait to get our hands on it, that’s for sure.
The Mazda CX-5 is locally-assembled and comes with both a 5-year manufacturer warranty and 5-years free maintainance, so you only need to pay for road tax, insurance and fuel besides servicing your loan for the first 5 years of ownership/100,000km. See the new Mazda CX-5 for yourself at Bangsar Shopping Centre until the 15th of September 2019.