Published on October 28th, 2019 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Millier claims Australian GT victory on Gold Coast debut
Gold Coast rookie Ryan Millier has claimed victory in the opening race of Australian GT’s return to the streets of Surfers Paradise, the Trofeo Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan driver turning in a flawless race to take over the lead after a setback for pole sitter and early race leader Fraser Ross during the compulsory pit stop.
Ross had led into turn one and held an eight second lead heading into the compulsory stop, but a small brake fire in the left front wheel slightly delayed him in returning to the circuit allowing both Millier and Peter Hackett to move ahead.
Ross was clearly untroubled by the setback, breaking the lap record by four tenths of a second soon after, however he was unable to get through on his rivals, settling for third at the flag.
In the title battle Hackett’s result saw him further eat into the points lead of Audi #1 Geoff Emery, the reigning champion lamenting a tough day where he finished a lap down on the leaders and just ninth outright.
1. 129. Ryan Millier – Trofeo Motorsport, Lamborghini Huracan GT3 – 47-laps
2. 63. Peter Hackett – Eggleston Motorsport, Mercedes-AMG GT3 +3.3779
3. 59. Fraser Ross – 59Racing/hsy/Opti-Coat, McLaren 720S GT3 +8.5289
4. 7. Tony Quinn – Local Legends, Aston Martin V12 GT3 +1:09.3553
5. 95. Geoff Taunton – Taunton Excavations, MARC II V8 (I) – 46-laps
6. 20. Adam Hargraves – Local Search, MARC II V8 (I)
7. 93. Broc Feeney – One World Charters, MARC I V8 (I)
8. 28. Bayley Hall – HFI, MARC I V8 (I)
9. 1. Geoff Emery – Valvoline, Audi R8 LMS GT3
10. 64. Joseph Ensabella – Aaron Laboratories, Porsche Type 997 GT3 (AGTT)
11. 25. Nick Karnaros – Earth Electrical, Porsche Type 991 GT3 (TrofeoChall) – 45-laps
12. 71. Dale Paterson – DPM Motorsports, Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (AGTT)
13. 73. Peter Corbett – Showergrate Shop, Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX GT3 (AGTT) – 44-laps
14. 48. Justin McMillan/Glen Wood – M-Motorsport, KTM X-Bow GT4 (GT4) – 43-laps
15. 50. Trent Harrison – Vantage Freight, KTM X-Bow GT4 (GT4)
16. 211. Todd O’Brien – Solar & Energy Finance, Ginetta G50 GT4 (GT4) – 38-laps
DNF. 69. Richard Gartner – Safe-T-Stop, Lamborghini Gallardo R-EX GT3 (AGTT) – 36-laps