Published on December 6th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Toyota extends its battery warranty from 8 to 10 years
The German electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles should also be getting this kind of warranty very soon. Yes?
Toyota Motor is giving its NEW hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell electric vehicle buyers a better warranty on its hybrid battery and components. Toyota Motor wants its new alternative powered vehicle owners to get the best possible ownership experience over a long pried of time. Even the fuel cell powered Mirai is covered under this new warranty program.
This new warranty is also extended to the Lexus range of vehicle. The Lexus ES 300h, LS 500h, LC 500h, UX 250h, NX 300h and RX 450h are also getting this 10 year / 150,000 miles hybrid battery warranty as well.
PRESS RELEASE: In October this year Toyota announced it will extend its hybrid battery warranty from 8 years / 100,000 miles to 10 years from date of first use/150,000 miles, whichever comes first. This extension is valid for all new model year 2020 Toyota hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell electric vehicles. All other HV components will retain coverage under the Hybrid System Warranty at 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
The new 2020 Toyota hybrid battery warranty is the longest offered warranty in the industry that covers first ownership and all subsequent owners – making it even easier for Toyota to deliver the fuel efficiency, amazing range, dynamic performance, and positive environmental benefits that this innovative technology delivers.
Toyota is committed to more efficient powertrains and today, Toyota’s 2020 lineup includes seven hybrid models and one fuel cell model:
- Fourth-generation Prius with available AWD-e boasts a combined EPA-estimated 50 MPG
- The Prius Prime, Toyota’s plug-in Hybrid now also has seating for 5 and a range of 640 miles on a full charge and a full tank of gas.
- First-ever Corolla Hybrid with an EPA-estimated 52 combined MPG
- Third-generation Camry Hybrid with an EPA-estimated 52 combined MPG
- Second-generation RAV4 Hybrid with an estimated 40 combined MPG
- Avalon Hybrid premium sedan with an EPA-estimated 44 combined MPG
- New 2020 Highlander Hybrid with an estimated 33 combined MPG
- And the current generation Toyota Mirai with an EPA-estimated 67 combined MPGe and 312-mile EPA-estimated driving range
Toyota encourages customers to consult their Toyota Warranty and Maintenance Guide for more information on the New Vehicle Limited Warranty that accompanies each vehicle.
The Toyota Hybrid System Warranty coverage is 8 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, for the following components:
- Hybrid Battery Control Module (battery voltage sensor)
- Hybrid Control Module (power management control module)
- Inverter with Converter
- The new Hybrid Battery Warranty is 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.