Published on August 12th, 2020 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Land Rover Defender Launched In Singapore
We wonder when will this new Defender be launched in Malaysia.
On Friday the 7th of August, the brand guardian for Land Rover in Singapore, Wearnes, launched the all new Land Rover Defender.
Priced from SG$313,999, it is more expensive than the new New Evoque, Velar and the Discovery Sport in Singapore.
The original classic Defender was the lowest priced of the Land Rover product range all throughout its availability and now in 2020 it sits closer to the Discovery and Range Rover Sport pricing.
So, why was the new 2020 Defender launched in Singapore (where there will be a small number of buyers) before Malaysia? Also, expect the selling price of this new high-technology Defender to be interestingly pricey.
This all new Defender is built for adventurous hearts and curious minds, for those who know the value of community and strive to make a difference.
• Incomparable, unstoppable: An icon reimagined for the 21st century.
• Designed with purpose, engineered to excite: Clever and characterful with an instantly recognizable silhouette that features signature Defender elements including short front and rear overhangs.
• Looks tough, is tough: Durable New D7x architecture engineered to withstand the Extreme Event Test procedure, above and beyond the normal standard for an SUV.
• World-class expert off and on-road: New Land Rover Defender redefines breadth of capability, all-terrain ability is beyond question, on-road comfort adds to its character.
• Expedition-ready: A maximum payload of up to 900kg, static roof load of up to 300kg, dynamic roof load of 168kg, towing capacity of 3,500kg and wading depth of up to 900mm combine to make New Defender the ultimate 4×4 for overland adventures.
• Intelligent off-road tech: Land Rover’s pioneering Terrain Response 2* technology moves the game on again with new Wade programme and world-first off-road Configurable Terrain Response* allowing experts and novices to optimise traction no matter the conditions.
• On-road comfort: New Defender is composed on any road surface with supreme comfort ensuring long journeys are covered with ease.
• Efficiency at its heart: Advanced mild-hybrid electric vehicle petrol engine is introduced to the Defender.
• 21st Century technology: Debuts new Pivi Pro infotainment featuring an intuitive interface while Software-Over-The-Air updates provide the latest software at all times, anywhere in the world.
• Reductionist, purposeful interior: The functional, durable and flexible interior is unique with exposed structural elements and a centre front jump seat – perfect for sharing adventures with the family.
• Meet the family: Defender 110 available in four distinct Accessory Packs (Explorer, Adventure, Country and Urban) and with 170 individual accessories, will be joined by a smaller Defender 90.
• Capable of great things: Defender has the inner strength necessary to make great things happen. The champion of those with the courage to provide help where others dare not, or cannot go.
• Global partners: Land Rover to continue long-term humanitarian partnership with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) with Defender at the heart of if it.