Published on May 31st, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Subaru Levorg Bags Best Award 2020 in Japan NCAP
Looks like the Subaru Levorg is a Japan NCAP favourite!
Subaru has cemented its reputation for safety over the years with countless wins from safety regulators the world over. Now, their Levorg has won the “Best Award 2020” from the Japan New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP).
The Subaru Levorg achieved the A rank in collision safety performance and preventative safety performance, plus it scored highest among all vehicles that earned a Five Star rating at 186.91/190 points. Check out its full results here or watch the crash test below.
The Subaru Levorg scored 5/5 for the following categories:
- Full-wrap frontal collision test (Driver’s seat)
- Full-wrap frontal collision test (Passenger’s seat)
- Offset frontal collision test (Driver’s seat)
- Offset frontal collision test (Passenger’s seat)
- Side collision test (Driver’s seat)
- Neck injury protection rear-end collision performance test (Driver’s seat)
- Neck injury protection rear-end collision performance test (Passenger’s seat)
- Pedestrian head protection performance test
- Pedestrian leg protection performance test
- Passenger seat belt reminder test
- Autonomous emergency braking system [car to car] test
- Autonomous emergency braking system [for Pedestrian at daytime] test
- Autonomous emergency braking system [for Pedestrian at night] test
- Lane departure prevention system test
- Rear-view monitoring system test
- High-performance headlights test
- Pedal misapplication prevention test
This is the 2nd generation Subaru Levorg that was tested and awarded. It is not on sale in Malaysia. The first generation Levorg was briefly offered here.
Here’s the press release with more.
SUBARU Corporation today announced that the Levorg won the Best Award 2020 in Japan New Car Assessment Program (JNCAP) conducted by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) and the National Agency for Automotive Safety and Victim’s Aid (NASVA).
In JNCAP 2020, the Five Star Award is given to vehicles equipped with automatic accident emergency call system which have received the ‘A rank’ evaluation for both collision safety performance and preventive safety performance. The Levorg has received the “A rank” in the respective safety performance categories and with its Advanced Automatic Collision Notification system available under Subaru Starlink connected services, it has been awarded the JNCAP Five Star Award 2020, Among all the Five Star awarded vehicles, the Levorg has earned the highest overall evaluation points (186.91 out of 190 points) and it has received the JNCAP Best Award 2020.
Pursuing the goal of “delivering happiness to all,” Subaru will continue to enhance safety through its primary, driving, passive, preventive, and newly-added connected safety technologies under its “all-around safety” principle, which underpins enjoyment and peace of mind for all drivers and passengers. Through these efforts, we aim to achieve zero fatal road accidents*1 by 2030.