Published on January 30th, 2022 | by Subhash Nair0
Tata Punch Compact SUV Launches With 5-Star Safety
Tata Motors has just debuted the Tata Punch, a compact SUV made for the Indian market.
The Punch was designed by Tata Motors Design Studios, which has a presence in India, the UK and in Italy. This globally-designed SUV may be small in size, but it makes the most of available space. It is built on the Agile Light Flexible Advanced (ALFA) Architecture. This platform helps it to achieve a Global NCAP 5-star rating for adult occupant protection. However, child occupant protection is still at a less-than-stellar 4-stars.
The Tata Punch is powered by a 1.2L multiport turbocharged petrol engine called the Revatron engine. It can be paired to either a manual transmission or an automated manual transmission.
Here’s the press release with more information. We do not think this will ever see Malaysian shores despite Tata’s past pushes into our market, but it’s still pretty interesting to learn about.
Tata Motors, India’s leading automobile brand, launched its latest offering in its ‘New Forever’ range of SUVs, Tata Punch, India’s first sub-compact SUV and the recipient of the much-coveted Global NCAP 5-star rating (16.453/17) for adult occupant protection and 4-star rating (40.891/49) for child occupant protection. With several industry-first features up its sleeves, the Tata PUNCH reinforces the four core pillars that define all Tata SUVs- Stunning Design, Versatile and Engaging Performance, Roomy and Spacious Interiors, and Absolute Safety.
Tata Motors Design Studios in India, UK, and Italy collaborated to develop this unique vehicle to herald the creation of India’s first sub-compact SUV, to address a growing customer need for a small in size but large in space SUV. Built on the proven and modern Agile Light Flexible Advanced (ALFA) Architecture, the PUNCH incorporate several industry first innovations to enhance both functionality and driving pleasure. Furthermore, in a departure from the conventional industry practice of trims, Tata Motors has adopted a new age, human centric approach in developing the PUNCH family. It will be available both in Manual (MT) and Automatic (AMT) transmission options, in 4 distinct personas with – Pure, Adventure, Accomplished and Creative, to cater to the varied lifestyle of its customers.
The Pure persona has been designed for customers who appreciate minimalism and simplicity and prefer functionality without any complications. The Adventure persona caters to the customers who have a streak of adventure and love for the great outdoors. The Accomplished persona is for the city dweller who loves to make a style statement with host of features to complement the customers’ active metro life. Finally, the Creative persona is tailor-made for the digital natives, prefer information at their fingertips and is stacked with features to sync with this customer’s tech-savvy lifestyle. In addition, customers can mark their PUNCH by choosing from 7 vibrant colours and further personalize it with the Rhythm and Dazzle customization packs, in tune with their personality.
Bold & Stunning Design
- R16 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- Projector Headlamps & LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Signature LED Tail Lamps
- Classical SUV Design with Cladding on Doors, Wheel Arches and Sill Cladding
- Stylish Roof Rails
- Signature Humanity Line
- Dual tone Roof Options (in White & Black)
- 7 Comfortable rear seating for 3 Passengers with ample legroom and best in class shoulder & hip room
- Granite Black dashboard with Glacier Grey Inserts
- Premium Fabric Seats with signature Tri- Arrow pattern
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel & Gear Shift Knob
- Body Coloured AC Vents
Versatile and Spirited Performance
- True SUV Performance – New Gen 1.2L Revotron BS6 Engine latest Dyna-Pro technology
- Advanced AMT with an industry first ‘Traction Pro’ to give a spirited performance.
- A high ground clearance of 190mm +/-3 mm (Unladen)
- Exceptional cornering stability
- Seamlessly mated to 5 Speed AMT / Manual Transmission
- Drive Modes: Engine Drive Modes (City & Eco) to suit any driving mood.
- Idle Start Stop to automatically turn off the engine at signals and traffics to further enhance fuel efficiency.
- Cruise Control
- Large 20.3°approach angle, 37.6° departure angle and 22.2° ramp over angle (Unladen)
- 370 mm Water wading capability
- Dual Airbags
- ABS with EBD and Corner Stability Control
- Segment First Feature: Brake Sway Control – detects the tendency of instability during abrupt braking before the ABS kicks in to avoid vehicle swaying from the driving path
- Front Fog Lamp with Cornering Function
- Child Seat ISOFIX Anchor Points
- Perimetric Alarm System
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Driver & Co-Driver Seat Belt Reminders
- Tyre Puncture repair Kit
- Extensive use of High Strength Steel
Class leading Comfort and Convenience
- Auto Headlamps & Rain Sensing Wipers
- Push Button Start
- Up to 366 liters ( ISO V215) of Boot Space
- Over 25 Utility spaces
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control
- Adjustable Driver Seat
- Cooled Glove Box
- Auto Fold ORVM
- Rear Arm Rest
- Rear Wiper & Wash
- Steering Mounted Control
- Tilt Steering
- Fast USB Charger
- One shot down driver window
- Follow me home headlamps
- 7″ Harman Infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple Carplay
- 7″ TFT Instrument Cluster
- iRA Connected Car Technology with What3Words & Natural Voice tech