Published on February 16th, 2022 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Maserati Grecale Set For World Premiere On 22 March
Another Italian crossover comes into the fray
Maserati has announced that the Grecale will make its official global debut on 22 March, just over a month from now. The Porsche Macan-rivalling crossover was originally scheduled for its unveiling in November last year but the chip shortage and pandemic forced the automaker to put the plan on hold.
Like the prototype we saw testing last month, the Grecale is still camouflaged but the new black-and-white wrap actually contains a series of messages to help you guess the technical specifications of the crossover.
The messages read:
- “Flaunts more than ** in display surfaces”
- “I dare you try my * drive modes”
- “I have ***** for more than just adrenaline”
- “I’m emotion, down to the smallest ****”
- “Get a kick out of my ***L boot space”
- “Up to ** speakers for more than **** watts”
- “Pure Italian ***** ***** sound”
- “More than **** mm legroom”
- “I see your eyes on my **L interior storage”
- “Elevate your daily routine in just ** seconds”
- “My Maserati Intelligent System can be controlled by *****”
- “Choose your info on my **.* ********* cluster”
Feel free to fill in the blanks.
Meanwhile, we can say that the Grecale is built on the Giorgio platform that also underpins the Alfa Romeo Stelvio and Giulia. Information regarding the powertrain remains unknown but it will reportedly come with a milder version of the 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 ‘Nettuno’ engine found in the MC20.
There could also be a mild-hybrid version that utilises the Ghibli Hybrid‘s 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine that is mated to a 48-volt alternator and an electric supercharger called e-Booster.
A special event: Grecale is on the road ahead of the Global Première.
Grecale’s energy is unstoppable and the new SUV is already covering many miles with the Maserati Family at the wheel: the “Everyday Exceptional” already forms part of the everyday lives of the Grecale’s designers, makers and those who have made it a reality.
This time, the Brand has selected a new look for the light camouflage featured on the cars of the Maserati Family Fleet: a series of messages offers a preview of the Grecale’s technical specifications.
The camouflage features just one main message: “I’m the Maserati Grecale. I can’t tell you much more”. Everyone’s questions will be answered and all of the missing information will be provided on 22 March. Stay tuned.