Published on March 18th, 2022 | by Amirul Mukminin0
Michelin Pilot Sport 5 Launched In Malaysia From RM700
It’s designed to offer higher levels of grip and long-lasting tread wear
Sports car and high-performance sedan owners now have a new option when shopping for new rubbers with the launch of the new Michelin Pilot Sport 5.
The new tyre will be available from 4th April onwards in 26 different sizes for wheels measuring 17 to 19 inches. Michelin says 21 more sizes for wheels measuring 17 to 21 inches will be made available by the end of this year. Prices start from RM700 to RM1,900.
Replacing the Pilot Sport 4, the new Pilot Sport 5 incorporates several new features, such as the following:
- Dual Sport Tread Design maximises control with good grip and braking performance on both wet and dry surfaces
- Groove Clear efficiently diverts water out of the way
- Dynamic Response technology featuring a hybrid aramid and nylon belt for optimised steering response
- MaxTouch Construction maximises contact patch and evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking, and cornering for longer tread life
- Premium Touch Sidewall Design creates a sleek, matte black aesthetic with a velvet-like micro texture
- Wear2Check, an easy-to-read tread wear indicator designed to facilitate monitoring
MICHELIN, the world’s leading tyre company, has recently introduced the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 – the fifth generation of the high-performance Pilot Sport range, targeting sports car and high-performance sedan enthusiasts. Equipped with a range of sophisticated features, the new tyres enable drivers to get the most from their driving experience for further distances, while traveling in style and living each driving moment to the fullest.
MICHELIN Malaysia’s Managing Director, Oliver Biggart said, “With the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5, MICHELIN further strengthens our complete and best overall high-performance Pilot Sport range, with ‘Performance Made to Last’ being our key differentiator. Inspired by motorsports, the tyre is perfect for drivers who demand sporty driving performance and expect nothing but the best. What’s more, the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 goes one step further in aesthetics, as evidenced by its 2021 Contemporary Good Design Award – one of the world’s most prestigious international design awards.”
Key benefits of the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 include:
- Commanding the road confidently with long-lasting tyre grip, as the tyre offers maximum control with extremely good grip and braking performance on wet and dry ground – thanks to the Dual Sport Tread Design technology, a dual side functionalized tread design, inspired by Motorsport experience, featuring the inner side with large grooves and high void ratio for enhanced wet road traction, and the external side with rigid blocks for better grip on dry roads; plus Groove Clear, the association of large longitudinal grooves that dump water into wide transversal channels designed to efficiently divert water out of the way.
- Enhanced spirited driving that lasts for more miles; experience lasting performance throughout the tyre’s lifespan, with precision and exceptional responsive driving – thanks to the Dynamic Response technology that features a hybrid aramid and nylon belt for optimum transmission of steering instructions onto the road; and the MaxTouch Construction TM that maximizes the tyre’s contact with the road and evenly distributes the forces of acceleration, braking, and cornering – delivering longer tread life without sacrificing performance; and
- Embracing both style and substance with the Premium Touch Sidewall Design that creates a sleek, matte black aesthetic with a velvet-like micro texture; and the Wear2Check, an easy-to-find and easy-to-read tread wear indicator, designed to facilitate monitoring and to help drivers to optimize the longevity potential of the tyre.
“This new race-born tyre amplifies sport performance made to last – providing throughout its lifespan both driving dynamics with precision, as well as safety. It is a truly ideal tyre for those who need first-class experience, and look for aesthetic exclusivity,” concluded Biggart.
The new MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 is now available in 26 dimensions from 17 to 19 inches at Michelin’s authorized tyre dealers across the nation, with 21 more sizes from 17 to 21 inches to be made available by end of 2022. The recommended retail price of the new MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 starts from RM700 to RM1,900. For more information, please visit https://www.MICHELIN.com.my/.