Published on September 2nd, 2022 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Aston Martin DBX707 Arrives In Malaysia From RM1,098,000 Before Duty And Tax
This DBX707 is the fastest SUV in the world right now.
Remember the awesome looking DBX which was launched in Malaysia in October 2020? At the time it was priced from RM818k before duty and tax and some 35 Malaysians took delivery of this hand made premium SUV.
Now, a few years later, Aston Martin engineers have added more features and upgraded the dynamics of this SUV and so we have the DBX707.
So, the DBX707 has been elevated in every measurable aspect to deliver blistering performance, supreme dynamics, unmatched luxury and timeless aesthetics; making it a true rival to BMW ‘M’ and also AMG infused SUVs.
The Aston Martin DBX707 derives its name from the output of its 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine. The total output of the V8 engine has been raised to a class-leading 707PS and 900Nm thanks to the incorporation of ball bearing turbochargers and a bespoke engine calibration to liberate more power and torque from the V8 engine.
This marks a significant improvement of 157PS and 200Nm over its predecessor and allows this DBX707 to accelerate from 0-100km/h in just 3.3 seconds which is 1.0 seconds faster than the 2020 model DBX.
To keep the DBX707 well on its trajectory, the most powerful luxury SUV in the world is equipped with Pirelli P ZERO tyres that have been specifically designed for it.
Tasked with the responsibility of managing the greatest output officially recorded in a production SUV is a 9-speed automatic transmission. Fitted for the first time in the DBX, the ‘wet clutch’ transmission is linked to an electronic limited slip rear differential (e-diff) that has been strengthened to handle the full 900Nm of torque.
With a shorter final drive ratio of 3.27 (compared to 3.07 in the DBX), the DBX707’s acceleration in lower gears is increased while retaining efficiency and cruising refinement.
Now that you know how the Aston Martin DBX707 accelerates, here below are some more pertinent performance information you may be interested in knowing:
· Fully catalyzed, straight stainless steel exhaust system with GPF filtration and active valve controlled rear twin outlet muffler
· Dual acoustic engine start (quiet start or sport start)
· Electronically controlled exhaust, with independent exhaust control switch
· Variable 32 valve camshaft timing
· 90 degree V8 closed deck aluminum alloy block with Zirconium alloy 32v heads
· Head mounted, twin charge air water coolers
· Lightweight aluminum forged pistons and connecting rods housed within Nanoslide® arc-sprayed, spectacle-honed bores
· Closed coupled catalytic converters, underfloor mounted gasoline particulate filtration, cylinder deactivation, ECO stop/start and automatic alternator regenerative charge cycle management All alloy quad overhead cam, 4.0 liter twin-turbo V8
· Twin “hot-V” mounted turbo chargers
· Front mid-mounted engine with double firewall / bulkhead to cabin
· Compression ratio 8.6:1
· Bore x Stroke: 83mm x 92mm / 3.27″ x 3.62″
· Capacity: 3,982 cm³ / 243 in⁵
· Gasoline direct injection
So, it is clear that the objective to match immense performance with impeccable control and precision, combined with an authentic sporting character was essential with the DBX707.
Aston Martin engineers applied an uncompromising approach to every area of the vehicle. Engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, electronic systems and aerodynamics have all been subject to extensive enhancement and meticulous tuning. The result is a car which sets new standards and further distinguishes the DBX707 from its segment rivals.
This Aston Martin DBX707 is now available for viewing and booking in Malaysia with a starting price of RM1,098,000 excluding duties, taxes, options and customization.
Like every other model officially sold by Aston Martin Kuala Lumpur, the DBX707 is offered with an optional extended warranty of up to 20 years of coverage.
This complements the Aston Martin ownership experience with vehicle lifetime protection for total peace of mind, subject to terms and conditions.