Published on January 26th, 2023 | by Subhash Nair0
2023 BMW M3 CS Introduced: Lighter, More Powerful & More Exclusive
The BMW M3 CS (F80) debuts with performance enhancements all around.
The current F80 generation BMW M3 has been given the ‘CS’ treatment, which entails more power, less weight, a bespoke chassis setup and exclusive design features. This is the first 4-door M3 CS since the limited edition 2018 model, which was rear-wheel drive. This time around, the M3 CS has xDrive with rear-wheel drive available when user-selected. The gearbox in use is the 8-speed M Steptronic transmission withActive M Differential at the rear axle.
Just like the current BMW M4 CSL, the M3 CS’s 3.0L straight six turbo has been tuned to output 543hp. However, power is still not as high as it is in the 3.0 CSL and the torque output is the same as in the BMW M3 Competition xDrive model at 650Nm. The M Driver’s Package is included as standard in this model.
Weight savings make up the second part of the performance-enhancement story here. 34 kilograms have been shed on the BMW M3 CS thanks to the use of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP) on the hood, front splitter, air intakes, side mirror caps, rear diffuser, trunk lid spoiler and roof.
A few interior trim pieces are also now made of CFRP. Other weight saving measures include the use of titanium rear exhaust silencers, carbon bucket seats and the removal of the rear air cond system (though there’s still seating for four).
Together, the higher output and lower weight allow the 2023 BMW M3 CS to accelerate from 0-100km/h in 3.4 seconds – just 0.1 seconds faster than the BMW M3 Competition xDrive. The top speed is 302km/h.
Equipment on the BMW M3 CS includes:
- M Compound brakes with red or black calipers
- optional M Carbon ceramic brakes with gold or red calipers
- M light-alloy V-spoke wheels with Gold Bronze or matt Black finish
- optional cast aluminium strut braces for engine compartment
- BMW Laserlight headlights with yellow illumination
- M Carbon Bucket seats with Merino leather (fully electric and heated with illuminated model badge)
- M Drive Professional system with M Traction Control, M Drift Analyser and M Laptime functions
- Latest BMW iDrive system with Operating System 8 and BMW Curved Display
- BMW Heads-Up Display
- BMW Drive Recorder
- Comfort Access
- 2-zone auto climate control
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound system
- Park Distance Control
- Front Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Speed Limit Info System
- Driving Assistant & Parking Assistant optional
The new BMW M3 CS will be built in limited quantities at the Munich plant starting March 2023 with the US, German, UK and Japan markets being prioritized for sales. Exclusive Frozen Solid White metallic paint is available for the exterior. Signal Green solid, Brooklyn Grey metallic and Sapphire Black metallic are all also available.