Published on April 17th, 2023 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Lotus Eletre Weekend Sensational Response At Pavilion Mall
All-Electric Lotus Eletre Gets 200 Plus Bookings In Less Than A Week
It was a hard working weekend for the sales staff and also senior management of Lotus Cars Malaysia when the crowd response at Pavilion Mall was overwhelming.
Yes, the response from Malaysians and also many foreigners was beyond expectations and the bookings for the Eletre kept moving up and up despite the stiffening Malaysian economy.
Launched just a few days earlier and went on display at the mall on Friday afternoon, this all new Lotus is also getting a lot of social media attention about its weight (well its an EV and the battery pack is heavy) and the fact that it is a full sized SUV with the same footprint as a Lamborghini URUS SUV that costs 300 percent more.
Now, with so many new premium electric vehicles on offer in Malaysia, this has to be the fast selling right now.
So, let us share some important features of this new Lotus.
- Three variants of the all-new and all-electric lifestyle model from Lotus – Eletre, Eletre S and Eletre R.
- Priced from RM578,000 with choice of two EV powertrains – 603 hp or 905 hp
- Eletre R is the world’s fastest dual-motor pure electric SUV – capable of 0-100km/h in less than three seconds
- Most advanced active aerodynamics package on any production SUV
- Carved by air: unique Lotus design ‘porosity’ means air flows through the vehicle for improved aerodynamics, speed, range and overall efficiency
- Lotus Hyper OS – Eletre debuts new operating system for drivers and passengers, including new partnerships with ECARX and HERE Technologies
- Extensive use of carbon fibre and aluminium for weight reduction throughout
- Interior includes highly durable man-made textiles and sustainable lightweight wool blends
- World-first deployable LIDAR technology in a production car to support intelligent driving technologies
The Eletre and Eletre S are powered by a single-speed system to deliver 603 hp and 710 Nm of torque with 0-100 km/h performance of 4.5 seconds and 80-120 km/h in less than 2.2 seconds. Both variants are capable of achieving top speeds of 258 km/h and a maximum WLTP driving range of 600 km.
The flagship Eletre R comes with a dual-speed system that offers an impressive output of 905 hp and 985 Nm of torque. Capable of delivering a century sprint time of just 2.95 seconds and an acceleration of 80-120 km/h in less than 1.9 seconds with a top speed of 265 km/h, it is currently the world’s fastest dual-motor pure electric SUV. Maximum WLTP driving for the Eletre R is 490 km.
All three variants feature a 112 kWh battery and a 350 kW charger that enables a rapid charging time of 10-80 percent in just 20 minutes. It also comes with the ability as standard to accept 22kW AC charging.
The standard exterior colour for Eletre and Eletre S is Kaimu Grey, while the Eletre R comes in stunning Solar Yellow. At launch, there are six exterior colours to choose from – Natron Red, Galloway Green, Stellar Black, Kaimu Grey, Blossom Grey and Solar Yellow.
Lotus Eletre Dimensions (mm):
|Width with door mirrors||2,231|
|Height||1,630 (20-inch wheel) 1,636 (22/23-inch wheel)|
|Ground clearance||187 (20-inch wheel) 194 (22/23-inch wheel)|
Lotus Eletre comes with a five-year / 150,000 km manufacturer’s warranty, while the battery comes with an eight-year / 200,000 km warranty.
All Eletre customers have further opportunities to customise and personalise their cars to their requirements using option packs.
Those available at launch include the Lotus Dynamic Handling Pack, Ceramic Brake Pack, Executive Seat Pack, Comfort Seat Pack, Carbon Fibre Pack, Extended Carbon Fibre Pack and Interior Carbon Fibre Pack. Many options from the packs are also available individually.
Two Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Packs are also available – the Parking Pack and a Highway Assist Pack.