Published on August 26th, 2017 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Jaguar XE SV Project 8 sits at the pinnacle of the world’s performance sedans
This hand-built Project 8 is a limited-run series of just 300 cars, costing around USD190,000 each. It is based on the more mild-mannered XE, Jaguar’s latest sport sedan.
- Thrilling mix of V8 power, dynamic agility and all-wheel drive traction
- Significant SVO enhancements made to award-winning XE include lightweight aluminium and carbon fibre exterior panels to meet extreme performance targets
- 200mph and 0-60mph in 3.3sec – supercar performance from Jaguar’s most compact four-door sedan
- Project 8 is the most powerful Jaguar road car ever – and first road-legal Jaguar with a 600PS 5.0-litre supercharged V8
- Just 300 examples of the ultimate expression of Jaguar performance are available worldwide – exclusively left-hand drive
- Project 8 features manually adjustable ride height, aerodynamics and Intelligent Driveline Dynamics settings for circuit use. Optional two-seat Track Pack version saves 12.2kg
- First application of Jaguar’s ultimate new Carbon Ceramic Braking system, and an industry-first use of F1-style silicon nitride ceramic wheel bearings on a road car
- Project 8 will be the first car completely hand-assembled by SVO’s expert craftsmen at the new £20m SVO Technical Centre in Warwickshire, UK
- Prices for Project 8 reflect the high-value engineering content and hand-built assembly process of this specialist car. Priced from £149,995 in UK
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) looks towards having ‘SVR’ or even ‘Project’ tuning to any possible JLR model in its lineup, which is expanding to include the Range Rover Velar, Jaguar E-Pace compact crossover and the all-electric I-Pace.