Published on March 18th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
This NEW Kia Picanto @ RM49,888 Has 8 Reasons For You To Test Drive It
- This Picanto is equipped with Hill-Start Assist ( HAC ) which prevents you sliding backwards when idling on a hill slope (a feature you will find in more expensive cars).
- There is a rear view camera with dynamic guide lines for easy parking.
- The boot grows in this All-New Kia Picanto with greater luggage capacity and better space efficiency with its foldable second row seats (60:40 split), giving up to 1,010 litres of maximised cargo space. ( 2 weeks of supermarket shopping for a family of 5 fits nicely).
- A new steering rack means the steering ratio has been quickened by 13% over the outgoing Picanto, from 16.5:1 to 14.3:1. Not only does this enable more immediate responses to driver inputs, but reducing the turns of the wheel lock-to-lock (from 3.4 to 2.8 turns) makes the Picanto even easier to drive at low speeds and in the older areas in the city where the roads are really narrow and tight.
- This All-New Kia Picanto comes with great safety features. It has 6-airbags strategically placed up front and at the sides of all passengers, ISOFIX baby seat mounts, rear seatbelt pretensioners and active safety systems like ABS and ESC.
- The 1,248cc DOHC engine produces 84ps at 6,000rpm and 121.6Nm of torque at 4,000rpm.
- New refinement measures adopted for the latest Picanto include a new soundproofing panel beneath the dashboard and in the floor of the cabin, while expandable sound-absorbent foam has been applied to lower sections of the A- and B-pillars.
- The large, ‘floating’ 7.0-inch HMI touchscreen at the centre of the dashboard houses a navigation system with 3D map, and is available with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ for full smartphone integration.