Published on April 5th, 2019 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Discovery Sport ‘Landmark Edition’ Arrives
Land Rover has launched the Discovery Sport Landmark Edition in ASIA.With this latest edition, the Discovery Sport comes with some enhancements tothe exteriors and gets a few interior tweaks as well.
This beautifullyproportioned vehicle continues to bring a new sense of dynamism to theDiscovery family and projects an image of confidence with its wheel-at-each-cornerstance. The fast bonnet line steps down into a rising belt line, creating adistinctively compact profile that belies significant interior space withoptional 5+2 seating.
This streamlineddesign is complemented by class-leading usability: all-round visibility isexcellent, whilst the interior and load space are easily accessible and fullyoptimised.
On the outside, the Land Rover DiscoverySport Landmark Edition comes with a redesigned front bumper, Graphite Atlasexterior accents and Gloss Dark Grey alloy wheels. It comes with a CarpathianGrey roof along with a choice of 3 body colours – Narvik Black, Yulong Whiteand Corris Grey.
Powered by the 180hp, 2.0-litre Ingeniumdiesel engine, the special-edition SUV sports a new grey contrast roof, withall the exterior finishes, a new design front bumper and new 18-inch grey alloywheels.
Inside the cabin of Discovery SportLandmark edition, one will find ample space and a touch of luxury with ebonygrained leather seats ensuring a comfortable journey. Panoramic roof isstandard on this vehicle. The ebony interiors are mated with dark satin brushedaluminium trim finisher.
There is also an 8-inch touchscreeninfotainment system with Land Rover Enhanced Sound System having 10 speakers.It gets cruise control, speed limiter and configurable interior ambientlighting as well.
The cabin of the Landmark Edition gets newebony-grained leather seats, a black headliner and a dark grey aluminium finishon the centre console.
As before the legendary Land Rovercomprehensive suite of off-road technologies is maintained to keep the driverand opponents super safe on and off the tarmac.
Alongside Terrain Response® and WadeSensing™, Discovery Sport also features additional off-road technologies. Theseinclude:
• Hill Descent Control® (HDC) maintains aset speed while negotiating steep inclines off-road
• Gradient Release Control® (GRC) progressivelyreleases the brakes when moving away on an incline for maximum control
• Roll Stability Control (RSC) detects theonset of a rollover and applies the brakes to the outer wheels to bring thevehicle under control
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) correctsoversteer and understeer by reducing engine torque and/or applying brakes toindividual wheels
• Electronic Traction Control (ETC) reducestorque and/or applies a braking force to individual wheels to prevent wheelspin
• Engine Drag torque Control (EDC) helps toprevent lock-up under heavy engine braking in slippery conditions by increasingengine torque to the affected wheels