Published on February 6th, 2020 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Lexus Announces 2019 Global Sales Results
Lexus in Malaysia has had a sterling sales year in the luxury car segment despite a drop in overall demand due to economic factors that are affecting the country at this moment. Its immediate rivals, BMW and Mercedes-Benz had a drop in total sales and Audi was rather flat in its sales momentum due to its fully imported only range of vehicles. Local assembly always gives a price and demand advantage.
Looking at the Lexus Global sales for January-December 2019, there was a marked new annual record high of 765,330 units (a 10% increase from the previous year). In addition to the well-received UX (which has not yet arrived in Malaysia and pictured below) and redesigned ES, which were introduced in 2018, and the popular RX, which underwent a partial redesign in August 2019, the growth of the luxury market in China helped drive overall sales.
January-December 2019 sales results by main regions are as follows:
– North America Approx. 325,000 units (level with prior year)
– China (including Hong Kong) Approx. 202,000 units (an increase of 25%)
– Europe Approx. 87,000 units (an increase of 14%)
– Japan Approx. 62,000 units (an increase of 13%)
– Middle East Approx. 32,000 units (an increase of 8%)
– East Asia Approx. 34,000 units (an increase of 8%)
Lexus International President Koji Sato
“I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to each and every Lexus customer around the world. From the time of our founding, we at Lexus have been earnestly pursuing the spirit of innovation and untiring evolution, and we will continue to take up the challenge of building vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Looking forward, based on our ‘Lexus Electrified’ vision, we will expand our lineup of electrified vehicles, starting with the launch of our first BEV production model, the UX300e.
We will further evolve the Lexus DNA to achieve the ideal balance of ride comfort and quietness with driver confidence and engagement. By applying advanced Lexus technologies such as the integrated control of drive power, learned over many years developing electric motor control technologies in our hybrid vehicles, we will provide an inspiring and enjoyable driving experience unique to Lexus.”
Vision of Future Electrification
The Lexus LF-30 Electrified concept vehicle embodies the “Lexus Electrified” vision. For its exterior styling the advanced image expected of a BEV has been channeled into artistic qualities that result in a futuristic form, and an interior that assertively weaves in autonomous driving and other new technologies aims to manifest Lexus’ distinctive worldview. Performance is rooted in Lexus Electrified components, adding Lexus’ latest technology to our leadership in development of HEV systems. Precise electric motor control enables instantaneous adjustments to posture not possible with conventional vehicles. Furthermore, the Lexus LF-30 Electrified employs numerous advanced technologies with a look ahead to the year 2030 – such as a new-concept cockpit based on a human-centered design philosophy and a steer-by-wire system.
- Lexus Electrified vision promises unmatched driver fulfillment and enjoyment of automobiles.
- ‘LF-30 Electrified’ new concept embodies the vision of Lexus’ electrification
- Futuristic exterior foreshadows the Lexus Electrified vehicles towards 2030
- An innovative, interior that leverages autonomous driving technologies, a newly designed cockpit, and other advancements
- Boasting four in-wheel electric motors, steering by wire, and Lexus Advanced Posture Control, LF-30 can offer a dynamic experience unlike any currently available