Published on May 7th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW 740Le xDrive M Sport Launched in Malaysia
BMW Malaysia has launched the 740Le xDrive with the M Sport bodykit.
The current generation BMW 7 Series facelift, or LCI model, was first introduced in Malaysia back in 2019. The specific variant brought in was the 745Le xDrive, however, it was sold as the 740Le xDrive for just RM594,800. Now, BMW Malaysia has added the M Sport Aerodynamic package to this model, along with some other optimisations.
The BMW 740Le xDrive M Sport adds the following items:
- Individual High-gloss Shadow Line
- 19″ M light alloy wheels in Double-spoke style 647 M Bicolour, mixed size
- M Sport brakes
- ‘Fineline’ Fine Wood Trim in Black with High Gloss Metal Effect
- BMW Individual Alcantara Anthracite headliner
- M-Sport steering wheel
The 4 colour choices are
- Mineral White
- Carbon Black Metallic (replaces Black Sapphire)
- Donington Grey (replaces Imperial Blue)
- Bernina Grey with Amber effect
Other equipment packages that come standard in the Malaysian 7 Series include:
- choice of Cognac or Black Exclusive Nappa Leather seats
- BMW Gesture Control
- BMW Online Services
- 600W, 16-speaker Harmon Kardon sound system
- Heads Up Display
- Rear-seat entertainment experience
- Run Flat Tyres
- Sky Lounge Panoramic Sunroof
- Soft close doors
- Comfort Seats
- BMW Laserlight
- Display Key
The 740Le xDrive M Sport is a Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PHEV). Power comes from a 3.0L inline 6 and an electric motor. Combined power is 394hp and 600Nm of torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed ZF automatic gearbox. 0-100km/h takes just 5.1 seconds and its top speed is limited to 250km/h. This is the same powertrain as before. Pure electric driving has a range of 46km, and it takes 4.4 hours at best.
This new variant will be in all BMW showrooms nationwide starting tomorrow, the 8th of May 2021. Online bookings for RM5,000 will only be available from the 11th of May 2021 due to scheduled website maintenance.
BMW Malaysia has reverted to packaging their 5-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty with Free Scheduled Service Programme (and some other BMW ownership goodies) into the price of the vehicle.
The retail price (on the road, without insurance) RM 591,503.05 during the SST-free period. The car is locally-assembled, but it’s unclear if the version without the M Sport Aerodynamic kit will continue to be offered for RM569,053 (price on website at 10.30am 7/5/2021).