Published on May 7th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW Malaysia Introduces Locally-Assembled X7
Nearly 2 years after the CBU model was launched, we now have a CKD BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence in Malaysia.
Besides launching a new M Sport spec of the 7 Series LCI model, BMW Malaysia also launched the first-ever locally-assembled BMW X7 today. It’s the same specification as the CBU model, which was launched back in mid-2019 for RM888,800.
This BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence is the largest model offered by the company locally and abroad. It measures 5,151mm long, 2,000mm wide and 1,805mm tall with a wheelbase measuring 3,105mm.
Powering the X7 xDrive40i is a petrol-powered 3-litre inline 6 turbo engine with an output of 340hp and 450Nm of torque. This allows the X7 to accelerate from 0-100km/h in 6.1 seconds, which is incredible given its weight. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed ZF gearbox. Two-axle air suspension is standard in Malaysia with Dynamic Stability Control factoring in load when modulating the brakes.
Here are some highlights of the locally-assembled X7:
- BMW Laserlight headlights
- LED fog lights
- high-beam assistant
- 21-inch light alloy wheels in Y-spoke style 753 Bicolour with run-flat tyres
- fully-electric tailgate in the rear with the Comfort Access feature
- Executive Drive Pro with active roll stabilisation
- “Crafted Clarity” handmade diamond-cut trim gear selector
- Sport leather steering wheel
- Electrically adjustable comfort seats
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with BMW Operating System 7.0
- 12.3″ instrument cluster
- 12.3″ central Control Display with touchscreen functionality
- Head-Up Display
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant
- BMW Gesture Control
- Welcome Light Carpet
- Five-zone air conditioning
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
- Electric roller blinds for side windows
- Rear Entertainment Professional system
- Panorama Roof Sky Lounge
- soft-close function for doors
- Reversing Assistant
- Driving Assistant
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- Front Collision Warning with brake intervention
- Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- Integral Active Steering
- BMW Digital Key
- wireless charging for mobile phones
- smartphone integration
- five exterior/interior combinations
- Black Sapphire with Cognac Leather Vernasca upholstery with Black design perforations
- Sophisto Grey with Cognac Leather Vernasca upholstery with Black design perforations
- Phytonic Blue with all-Black design-perforated Leather Vernasca
- Manhattan Metallic with all-Black design-perforated Leather Vernasca
- Mineral White with Leather Vernasca in Coffee with Black design perforations
The BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence will be in BMW showrooms nationwide starting 8th May 2021. Website maintenance means that online bookings for RM5,000 will only be available starting the 11th of May 2021.
The locally-assembled BMW X7 xDrive40i Pure Excellence goes for RM673,323.61 (OTR w/o insurance with SST exemption). That’s a savings of RM215,476.39. Guess it pays to wait when buying a new BMW!