Published on May 27th, 2023 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
DSF.my Allianz Vehicle Of The Year 2023 Winners
The only honest yearly automotive awards by DSF.my has again surprised the Malaysian automotive industry in 2023
Malaysian based English language automotive website www.dsf.my and its Bahasa Malaysia automotive website www.gohedgostan.com has just honored 16 impressive new vehicles in various segments and 2 automotive individuals for their contribution to the Malaysian automotive industry.
In the last 12 months there have been a number of new and exciting electric vehicles being launched in Malaysia and so the judges had a tough time test driving and evaluating these vehicles to find winners in various new electric vehicle segments.
One concern that had to be addressed was the vehicle segment complications as many new vehicles today carry the term ‘Sports Utility Vehicle’ (SUV) and also ‘Crossover’ when most of them are really just hatchback cars with large wheels and tires.
“So, we had to re-define what a ‘SUV’ is and what a ‘Crossover’ really is and divide the vehicles rightfully into these segments for a proper evaluation” said the editorial and judging team.
POINTS TO NOTE FOR VOTY JUDGING: All new vehicles being judged MUST be driven by all judges to get a proper evaluation.
All vehicles in the judging list must be new models launched in the last 12 months.
Malaysian localized minor face-lifts with body-kits, stickers, wheels and cabin accessories are not considered to be NEW models.
We will NOT share any winner’s information before the event evening as this is true and honest automotive awards.
All car manufacturers in Malaysia participate with NO fee at all.
All car manufacturers attend the event dinner for FREE.
All winners are allowed to use the event LOGO for FREE.
This is NOT a paid awards event like all the rest in Malaysia.
2023 Winners List
1. Vehicle Of The Year 2023 – Perodua Alza
2. Crossover Of The Year – Honda HR-V Turbo
3. Performance Luxury SUV Of The Year – Maserati Grecale GT
4. Family Sedan Of The Year – Toyota Vios
5. Luxury SUV Of The Year – Range Rover
6. SUV Of The Year – Kia Sorento 2.5L
7. Hybrid Of The Year – Honda Civic e:HEV RS
8. Compact Car Of The Year – Perodua Axia
9. Exterior Design Of The Year – Hyundai Staria
10. Cabin Design Of The Year – Mazda MX-30
11. Pickup Truck Of The Year – Ford Ranger Wildtrak
12. Electric Car Of The Year – Ora Good Cat Ultra 500
13. Electric Crossover Of The Year – BYD Atto 3 Extended Range
14. Electric Luxury Sedan Of The Year – Mercedes-Benz EQE 350+
15. Electric SUV Of The Year – Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric
16. Electric Performance Car Of The Year – Jaguar I-Pace P400
17. Automotive Lady of 2023 – Salawati Yusoff. Chief Branding Officer, Pro-Net
18. Automotive Gentleman of 2023 – Kelvin Chuah, Head Of Sales, Jaguar Land Rover