Published on July 3rd, 2019 | by Subhash Nair0
Here’s the New BMW X6. Illuminated Kidney Grille Optional…
The BMW X6 is has been one of the more successful new icons on the company’s portfolio. It takes what people like best about the X5 and moves the slider from substance to style by a couple of degrees. It was one of the first coupe-inspired luxury SUVs on the market and helped usher in a whole new segment. And now we have a third generation of the X6.
This third generation BMW X6 adopts the company’s latest design language that we see on the current 3-Series, 8-Series, and X5. And for yes, BMW have now started offering a kidney grille that lights up.
Here are some key facts about the X6:
- Length is 4935mm (+26mm), width is 2004mm (+15mm), height is 1696mm (-6mm) and wheelbase is 2975mm (+42mm)
- A single-frame kidney grille is featured in the front. An illuminated kidney grille is optional.
- BMW Laserlight with Adaptive LED headlights and Selective Beam optional
- 19″ light alloy wheels are standard, 20″-22″ optional rims standard. M50i and M50d models come with 21″ light alloy wheels.
- xLine and M Sport equipment levels available
- Vernasca leather upholstery comes standard
- 40:20:40 split rear seats
- multifunction seats with massage for front occupants optional
- 4-zone automatic climate control optional
- thermoelectric cup holders optional
- glass application on controls optional
- Panaroma glass roof ‘Sky Lounge’ optional
- Ambient Air fragrance optional
- Bowers & Wilkins Diamond+ 3D Surround Sound System optional
Engine options are as follows:
- BMW X6 M50i: V8 petrol (530hp)
- BMW X6 M50d: Inline-6 diesel (400hp)
- BMW X6 xDrive40i: Inline-6 petrol (340hp)
- BMW X6 xDrive30d: Inline-6 diesel (265hp)
M Sport exhaust comes standard on M models, but is optional/on the M Sport package for the other models.
All X6 models are fitted with the 8-speed Steptronic transmission from ZF. Intelligent all-wheel drive is present too. This new xDrive system maintains a rear-wheel bias in most situations and is aided by an M differential lock at the rear axle on the M Sport models. An optional xOffroad package is available.
The suspension of the new X6 features double-wishbones at the front and five-link at the rear. Dynamic Damper Control is standard. Adaptive M suspension Professional with active roll stabilisation and Integral Active Steering is present too. Two-axle air suspension is available.
Driver assistance systems
Driving Assistant Professional optional. This includes:
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant with Traffic Jam Assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant
- Active Side Collision protection
- Evasion Assistant
- Rear Collision Warning
- Road Priority Warning
- Lane Change Warning
- Emergency Stop Assistant
- Reversing Assistant
You’ll also get BMW’s Intelligent Personal Assistant and their Live Cockpit Professional. This works through a 12.3″ instrument cluster and Control Display.