Published on July 30th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
Hyundai Kona 1.6 Turbo Variants Launched In Malaysia
The facelifted Hyundai Kona is now available in Malaysia in two new variants.
When it comes to compact crossovers, the market is pretty saturated with options from Japanese and local brands. The Koreans were the last to the game with the Kia Seltos and Hyundai Kona making their apperances in the last 2 years only. The latter of these was given a facelift just this year and now that facelifted Kona has been expanded with two new variants.
Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors now offers the Kona with a 1.6-litre Turbo to complement the existing 2.0L naturally-aspirated models.
The Kona 1.6 Turbo is available in two variants:
- Kona 1.6 Turbo
- Kona 1.6 Turbo N Line
Both are powered by a Smartstream 1.6-litre Turbocharged engine with direct injection producing 198PS at 6,000rpm and 265Nm of torque between 1,600 and 4,500 rpm. Power is sent to the front wheels via a 2nd generation 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
Colour options for the Hyundai Kona 1.6 Turbo are all two-tone with a Phantom Black Roof and matching mirror caps:
- Surfy Blue
- Dive in Jeju
- Ignite Flame
- Pulse Red
- Misty Jungle
Both cars also get new 18″ rims with a new design and Hyundai Smartsense active safety and driving assistance technologies. This includes:
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA) with Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) with Leading Vehicle Departure Alert (LVDA)
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
- Safe Exit Warning (SEW)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
Here’s how Kona 1.6 Turbo models are specified for the Malaysian market.
Kona 1.6 Turbo
- Builds on the same exterior and interior design of the Kona 2.0 Active (high spec) but
- adds roof rack
- adds two-tone body colour
Kona 1.6 Turbo N Line
- N Line body claddings and design accents
- N-style aerodynamic lip with low-lying corner fins
- Larger, more technical air intake with unique mesh design and surface treatment
- large central aerodynamic diffusor in contrasting colour
- one-side double exhaust muffler
- Interior upholstery in one-tone black leather combined with suede OR with light beige interior trim
- ventilated and heated seat function for the driver and the front passenger
- red stitching
- metal pedals
- N logo on the gear shift, steering wheel and seats
The new Kona comes with a 5-year or 300,000km warranty with 3 years /50,000km free maintenance service. It can be bought online here.