Published on September 8th, 2021 | by Subhash Nair0
BMW R nineT Family Updated In Malaysia
The BMW R nineT family gets expanded in Malaysia.
BMW Motorrad Malaysia has been on quite a product offensive since the automotive sector was allowed to reopen. Recently, the company revealed updated R1250GS, G310 and C400 bikes. They even introduced the new S1000R and BMW M’s M1000RR superbikes to the country. To top the entire model refresh off, they also updated the R nineT family with three updated bikes.
Three new BMW R nineT variants are on sale now:
- BMW R nineT
- BMW R nineT Pure
- BMW R nineT Scrambler
New standard equipment for the R nineT range
As part of this year’s model update, the BMW R nineT family gets as standard:
- adaptive LED headlights
- LED indicator lights, brakelights and daytime running lights
- USB charging socket
- ABS Pro, which includes the Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
- new suspension strut with travel-dependent damping (WAD).
- “Rain” and “Road” riding modes on Automatic Stability Control (ASC)
The R nineT Pure and R nine T Scrambler both get a new chrome-plated header pipe, with the R nineT Pure getting the silencer design as standard.
New speedometer design
The new circular instrument cluster gets an analogue speedometer with integrated indicator lights that ‘disappears’ when not in use.
Retuned boxer engine
The 1170cc boxer engine powering the R nineT bikes has undergone a retuning to meet EU-5 regulations on emissions and noise. Power is slightly down from 110hp to 109hp but torque is maintained at 116Nm. In fact, the torque curve has been made more full-bodied between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm.
Cylinder heads, throttle valve parts, and cylinder head covers have all been redesigned. Some elements of the engine redesign are visible from the outside, so there’s an aesthetic element here as well.
R NineT Options and Pricing
- Black Storm Metallic (standard colour)
- Option 719 Aluminium
- Option 719 Night Black matte/Aluminium matte
Exclusive colours for BMW R nineT Pure
- Teal Blue metallic matte
- Mineral Grey metallic
Exclusive colour for BMW R nineT Scrambler
- Kalamata metallic matte with tape
Here’s what pricing is like in Malaysia for these bikes:
- The New BMW R nineT (Black Storm): RM 96,500.00
- The New BMW R nineT Pure: RM 82,500.00
- The New BMW R nineT Scrambler: RM 86,500.00