Published on October 7th, 2021 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
Mercedes E300 30 Minute Test Drive Impression
Mercedes-Benz Revised E-Class Arrives In Malaysia
The Mercedes E-Class is still a segment leader today in Malaysia. It has been leading the luxury executive sedan segment since the arrival of the 1976 model of the Mercedes E-Class (codenamed the W123).
Since 1976 the E-Class has provided Malaysian executives and government officials a carriage of class and style with a huge hint of reliability and very good used deprecation.
With over 14 million models delivered around the world since 1946, the E-Class is the best-selling model series in the history of Mercedes-Benz. It is perceived by many as the “heart of the brand”.
When the tenth generation of the E-Class arrived in 2016 it set styling trends with its clean yet emotionally appealing design and an exclusive, high-quality interior. The wealth of innovations such as in the area of the driving assistance systems also was segment leading.
This emotionally appealing and at the same time intelligent combination was extremely successful where to date, more than 1.2 million customers around the world have bought this outgoing generation of the E-Class.
Now here is the latest version of the E-Class which arrived in Malaysia just a few weeks ago and priced from just RM326,000 for the E200 and RM375,000 for the E300 which we got the keys from our good friend who just took delivery.
Yes, we have not yet been loaned a test drive unit from the local Mercedes-Benz marketing office due to the pandemic but when a good friend took delivery of his brand new E300 we just had to get behind the all new steering wheel to get a little feel of this segment best seller.
What new features we noticed
- Yes, there is a new slippery look to the exterior of this E-Class.
- The new 19-inch alloy wheel design is very different with its darkened ring insert.
- Inside, the driver gets a new Mercedes sporty steering wheel with soft touch control buttons.
- The new twin (yes there are two 12.3 inch flat screens joined as one) driver information panels are familiar and offer a multitude of information and uses. It is also very functional once you get used to it.
- The driver gets a slight curved floor below the right foot for better use of the accelerator pedal. This you will notice only when you lift the drivers floor mat.
- We liked the revised interior trim that elevated the cabin look and feel.
It remains desired by many and delivers luxury and technology as promised.
Mercedes Benz E300 AMG Line Specifications:
Engine: 4-cylinder Turbo
Transmission: 7G-Tronic Plus
Max power: 258bhp @ 5,800-6,100rpm
Max torque: 370Nm @ 1,800-4,000rpm
Top Speed: 250km/h