Published on January 30th, 2022 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez0
BMW E36 With Japanese Heart Might Be The Ultimate
An original E36 drivetrain has issues and this conversion might be the best.
We have a number of friends who own and love their BMW E36, however not a single one of them will ‘dare’ take their E36 on a long drive without doing a complete check first. When running ‘sweet’ the E36 is actually a well sorted Bimmer, but it is well known fact that older Bimmers are never reliable and they can just ‘give up’ on the owner without warning.
In the last decade the value of its older sibling, the E30 has moved upwards and the coupe version of the E30 can fetch up to RM80,000. They all suffer from firewall and boot rust issues and even the restored units have electrical gremlins on occasion.
Meanwhile the E36 has been ignored by many who insist it is the E30 that must be in their garage. We suggest taking a closer look at the E36 as their asking prices are almost 50 percent lower than a E30 and they test time a little better.
This particular unit which caught our eye was advertised on Facebook and we think it is a great value buy for a person looking for a good looking sports sedan that has a reliable and powerful heart.
Just think about it. Firstly, the E36 will never reach classic car status as just too many were built. So, an engine transplant is best and will offer driving satisfaction. The asking price may sound much but at RM46K you are getting the following.
– Stock Aristo 2JZGTE VVTI auto last model
Proper engine installation
Wiring done properly All functioning (meter cluster, aircond, lights etc)
No issue when high speed
No issue daily drive
– BMW V8 axle with 3.6 final drive
– Racetech CNC JZ swap mount kit
– 3 inch exhaust piping
– HKS muffler
– Stainless steel intercooler piping
– Aluminium radiator
– Apexi intercooler (hidden)
– SAMCO hoses
– Mini Copper S radiator fan (auto mode function)
– Davies Craig aircond fan
– SARD low temp thermostat
– HKS SLD
– WALBRO fuel pump
– SARD fuel regulator
– Defi boost meter
– WORKS manual boost controller
– SHEEPDOG blow off valve
– Sequential turbo disable (instant power)
– New toyota timing belt kit
– New toyota vvti solenoid
– New toyota waterpump
– New toyota oil pump
– VVTI pulley rebuilt
– Front complete bushing replacement
– GAB adjustable suspension hi lo soft hard
– Reinforced axle and rear strut mount
– 4 pot brakes with custom floating disc front
– 2 pot brakes with custom floating disc rear
– 225/40/18 nexen sur4g front
– 235/40/18 westlake sport rs rear
– Spacer front and rear 1/2 inch for better fitment and track width
– AC Schitzer style front stabilizer bar
– AC Schnitzer bodykits (Front and rear bumper extension, side skirt)
– AC Schnktzer 3 pcs spoiler
– AC Schnitzer roof spoiler
– M-sport body lining
– Eye lid
– AC Schnitzer type 2 wheels (replica)
– AC Schnitzer side mirror
– CF logo
– Full body repaint by ZQ Autoworks (including rims, calipers, hub)
– Complete interior
– Cloth seats in perfect condition
– Leather door trim
– Complete pillars
– Arm rest
– SONY USB and DVD player
– M-sport carpets
– All rubbers, trim, compartment, and clips almost all intact and complete
– Electronics, switch, ac control all function like original
– Very cold ac (cut off functioning well)
The AC Schnitzer parts alone are worth anywhere between RM7,000 to RM9,000 used and a transplanted Aristo 2JZGTE VVTI engine can set you back at least RM15,000 before installation costs. Lets not forget the brake and suspension kit that would cost between RM5,000 to RM7,000.
Plus, you need to add all the small premium parts that have been installed and the time and effort by the seller. Easily RM35,000 plus will be spent if you were to start a project like this with a stock E36.
Buying a stock E36 will cost between RM7k to RM10K and when you add all the above mentioned parts and effort, you would have spent more than RM55,000.
So, if you like the current colour and parts on this E46, it might be a better investment over an E30 4-door conversion costing about the same money.
Selling for RM46,999
Serious buyer only
Lots of effort has been put on this car
Name transfer can be arranged
Can be daily driven, very powerful but very controllable car with this setup
Location Ampang, contact 010-5051045 for viewing and details. Pics credit to : Static365